Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said it all season. Burnley know how to get through a relegation scrap. I didn't think they'd sack Dyche, but credit to them, it's worked. Watford aren't bothered if they go down or not, Norwich the same. They both know they're equipped for the Championship and have a decent chance of promotion. We're not experienced in these battles, nor experienced in that division. It's a genuine disaster for us to go down, but it's happening. I've made my peace with it.

This, 100% – I know momentum can do wonders and all that but we need to find some of it first. Our players aren't used to the physical and mental slog of playing Sunday-Wednesday-Sunday-Thursday-Sunday – but hopefully a couple of positive results early in that run can negate the difficulties of such a packed schedule
Our scheduling has really been bizarre we have had free weeks then we have bunches of games it's heaped the pressure on

BKO0r4EfJJeiLDcYrVQLtobGFWE=.gif

What? Sam Allardyce was hated from day 1 all the way up the table. Till everyone celebrated sacking.

He got the benitez treatment but has thicker skin than Benitez. It was water off a ducks back.
Fair enough. I hadn’t realised that Sam had been treated so poorly. I was out of the city looking after a sick relative for a lot of his tenure.

Heaping abuse on our own manager and our own players has been commonplace at Goodison over the last few years, but as we’ve seen it doesn’t really help.

I went every home game under Allardyce except the last match of the season, I had to work but a lot of match going blues I know couldn’t stomach the football, they stopped going. He was more lucky than genius in my opinion. He had a bad squad granted but he was a panic appointment. People have sentiment towards him nut that is the one manager I took real exception of.

Fair enough. I hadn’t realised that Sam had been treated so poorly. I was out of the city looking after a sick relative for a lot of his tenure.

Heaping abuse on our own manager and our own players has been commonplace at Goodison over the last few years, but as we’ve seen it doesn’t really help.
Big Sam looks out for Big Sam... he got a big pay out and is alright. This is the same guy that was corruptly siphoning money in order to facilitate transfers(not with us) remember? I have no sympathy for him. He hasn't much good to say about Everton either and neither side will lose any sleep over it. Weird how people are pining for him today

Fair enough. I hadn’t realised. Disgraceful really.

What do people hope to achieve with this sort of thing? Do they think that it’ll inspire people to do well for our club?
No its sick behaviour willing us to fail then things go tits up and have the audacity and say 'see told ye so'.

Toxic. Them and our board. Relegation is destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.