Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
In overall terms a draw today would be ok. Still being in the bottom three we can't afford the psychological damage of another away defeat ahead of Watford.

My gut feeling is we'll get a point. I'm more confident of our chances of safety now but don't expect that it will be achieved via a procession of wins. The underlying problems haven't gone away even though the fans support and Minas return have helped hugely.

I´ll be honest, I think we´ll comfortably lose today. Leicester are a lot better than we are and any notion that they´ll "be on the beach" is fanciful. They´ll want to turn it on for the home fans in their final home games of the season. They´re also playing without any pressure.
So what does it do to our hopes of staying up if we lose?

I´ll be honest, I think we´ll comfortably lose today. Leicester are a lot better than we are and any notion that they´ll "be on the beach" is fanciful. They´ll want to turn it on for the home fans in their final home games of the season. They´re also playing without any pressure.
So what does it do to our hopes of staying up if we lose?

I think it depends on the Leeds result. If they lose as well, then it’s no change. We still have the game in hand. But we would have to win 3 games out of the final 4 to stay up I think, that means either winning away at Watford or Arsenal.

Sounds like a cliché if we turn up I fancy us grabbing all 3 points here. The notion of the better team(s) has kinda gone in the last 4 games. My worry is away form we need to win away

Everything went in our favour yesterday. Bad result for Burnley, with Tarkowski going off injured a week before they play Spurs. Spurs point means they can catch Arsenal and possibly Chelsea, so they massively have something to play for against Burnley next week.
Chelsea drawing means they will need a win against Leeds to secure top 4. Might mean Tuchel plays a stronger team than he would have wanted to against Leeds.
Southampton are also still catchable and their goal difference is now the same as ours.
Need to try and capitalise in this today and try to pile pressure on Burnley and Leeds. A point would be good just to keep momentum going and break the abysmal away form ahead of Watford. A win would be amazing! Even a narrow defeat wouldn’t be disastrous following yesterday’s results.

I think if we win today, we’re safe.

We’d pull ourselves out of the relegation zone with a win, but breaking that away hoodoo and keeping that winning momentum would be every bit as important.

I also think it’d crush Burnley, and Leeds if they don’t get a result today.

Today isn’t must-win, but I think it would be decisive if we did.

Everything went in our favour yesterday. Bad result for Burnley, with Tarkowski going off injured a week before they play Spurs. Spurs point means they can catch Arsenal and possibly Chelsea, so they massively have something to play for against Burnley next week.
Chelsea drawing means they will need a win against Leeds to secure top 4. Might mean Tuchel plays a stronger team than he would have wanted to against Leeds.
Southampton are also still catchable and their goal difference is now the same as ours.
Need to try and capitalise in this today and try to pile pressure on Burnley and Leeds. A point would be good just to keep momentum going and break the abysmal away form ahead of Watford. A win would be amazing! Even a narrow defeat wouldn’t be disastrous following yesterday’s results.

a narrow defeat? behave lad we need to win

I think if we win today, we’re safe.

We’d pull ourselves out of the relegation zone with a win, but breaking that away hoodoo and keeping that winning momentum would be every bit as important.

I also think it’d crush Burnley, and Leeds if they don’t get a result today.

Today isn’t must-win, but I think it would be decisive if we did.

Perfectly put , my thoughts exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back