Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
we thought this the other month tho
Someone said a good point on here, in a strange way the new manager bounce might turn out to have been a bad thing for Burnley because that’s all it was, a little spree. Being in their position and having them three games left, especially the next two, they are in a world of trouble now.

Someone said a good point on here, in a strange way the new manager bounce might turn out to have been a bad thing for Burnley because that’s all it was, a little spree. Being in their position and having them three games left, especially the next two, they are in a world of trouble now.

i hope your right mate but i’m so so so so so anxious

The feelgood factor Frank will have created if we can win tomorrow would be immense. He came to the club unproven. He was appointed on name recognition at worst, and on a hunch at best. However, if he gets the win at Watford, he will have earned credibility that he really did not have when appointed. That makes him more powerful than he was on day one, which is unusual for most managers. He will be beautifully set up going into the summer. Tomorrow is huge. Come out of this ordeal on the right side, and we could be going places...

...that are not the Championship.

The feelgood factor Frank will have created if we can win tomorrow would be immense. He came to the club unproven. He was appointed on name recognition at worst, and on a hunch at best. However, if he gets the win at Watford, he will have earned credibility that he really did not have when appointed. That makes him more powerful than he was on day one, which is unusual for most managers. He will be beautifully set up going into the summer. Tomorrow is huge. Come out of this ordeal on the right side, and we could be going places...

...that are not the Championship.
He will have emerged with huge credit if we can get over the line, and particularly so with a degree of relative comfort and going on a bit of a run, by Everton standards at least. I want to us take all the remaining games by the scruff of the neck, and do so until and after we are safe.

The summer is an entirely different proposition but he then goes into that period should the above come to pass, as a hugely popular figure amongst fans, and a with mark of credibility and trust having steered us to safety, albeit that being no cause whatsoever for celebration.

The next steps require both a continuation of some of the qualities he has shown to date, and a different skillset he will have a chance to show that he either posseses, or does not.

The side has been well organised and hard working for most of the recent period. I'm all for the fist-thumping element also. There is definately something there that can be harnessed for the continuing benefit of the team with him as the fulcrum and central figure.

The harder parts are the reset of the squad and working with Thelwell to carve out a new team and squad that for the medium-term can at least avoid a regular relegation scrap and begin to look upwards, particularly in such strained financial circumstances. But that too, if carefully managed can be turned to our advantage. There is a siege mentality at the club now, and I see it as a wonderful opportunity. We used to deride plucky old Everton, but lets get some of that back and return again to being the underdog that bites.

This is a great opportunity for Lampard to solidify a relationship with the club that goes beyond Moshiri's whims and hare-brained ideas. He can leverage the support he now has but the hard part is recognising that influence and using it to win internal battles and managing in an analytical and strategic way to eke out improvements everywhere on the football side. We must improve in every conceivable aspect.

A large part of that will be down to player recruitment which he can influence and business recruitment which he obviously cannot. Time will tell but with the stadium also taking shape, I see opportunity in a time of difficulty.

Would be great to see this thread locked on Sunday.

Even if we stay up I don't think it should be locked tbh

For the past few years anyone who suggested there was a permanent rot at the club and that relegation might happen was called a "bed wetter" or worse

This thread should be kept open as a regular reminder that we have no divine right to remain in the Premier League and that we are not too big to go down

I'm convinced that if we do stay up it will be because we've dug in and fought for it as a fan base by supporting the players. This thread and the pain within might be a good way to stop us from letting complacency creep in again

Status
Not open for further replies.