Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why do people think the Arsenal fans is a write off? We've been better teams this season and we've lost to the very worst.

Arsenal are very young. Overperformed and are under serious pressure.

I wouldn't be surprised to beat them.
I think we could get a point if needed...playing like we did at Anfield. Far less confident of a win. But i'm confident we'll get 2 or 3 points from these two games (and Leeds will get a maximum of 'one').

Why do people think the Arsenal fans is a write off? We've been better teams this season and we've lost to the very worst.

I think the only way we beat them is if we beat Crystal Palace tonight.

We lose tonight and I fear our away game fears intensify and our Yellow-Bellied Lilly Whites will implode.

Probably due to our horrendous record there and the fact they're 5th and we are 16th plus our away record is dreadful. We need to end it tonight

Everton have got us that distressed and desperate that we are absolutely terrified of Palace at home, me included. We have painted them as some sort of boss side, mainly cos we are so bad. The reality is though that they have won the same amount of games as us this season (10) and are sitting in the dizzy heights of 13th place. Big fecking deal.

They are not boss at all, we just fear everyone because of how bad we have been and what is riding on it. If we play well and the ref does't act like a complete tit and the crowd stays right behind them for the full game even if they make mistakes, we can definitely beat these tonight.

So lets get this done tonight so we can have a boss weekend.

Up the effing Toffees. ;)

Personal Note:

Today is May 19th. It's also the day we beat Watford to win the Cup in 1984. How do I remember that so easily - well, it is, or in reality was, my brother's birthday. And he would have been 66 today were it not for his sudden death in 2005.

My brother, Gary, wasn't really interested in football. He obsessed over cars and generally being a really nice guy - because that's what a lot of people with a type of Asperger's (or something approximating to AS) do.

We did go to a few matches - and two in particular stand out in my memory across the first days of 1979 - Bolton away on New Year's Day - abandoned at half-time (1-1, Peter Reid injured for Bolton) - ice cold. 5 hour journey home slip sliding all over the road (which he obviously enjoyed) and Sunderland FA Cup (1-2) travelling by Football Special (or more precisely a 2 carriage ice box with no heating on). Not hard to forget those privations.

Anyway I thought I'd take his picture of us (as children) with me tonight because we might need some extra support in the ground.
Lovely post. I too, know, what it is like to lose a brother young, my only sibling. Your post is touching and shows how sport is the most important of all the world's trivial things in that it gives us a sense of time and place and reminds us of those we loved along the journey.

Lovely post. I too, know, what it is like to lose a brother young, my only sibling. Your post is touching and shows how football is the most important of all the world's trivial things in that it gives us a sense of time and place and reminds us of those we loved along the journey.
Likewise @Drico - also a lovely post from you, thanks, and he was an only (full) sibling too - and I don't have any contact with my half-sisters.

Everton have got us that distressed and desperate that we are absolutely terrified of Palace at home, me included. We have painted them as some sort of boss side, mainly cos we are so bad. The reality is though that they have won the same amount of games as us this season (10) and are sitting in the dizzy heights of 13th place. Big fecking deal.

They are not boss at all, we just fear everyone because of how bad we have been and what is riding on it. If we play well and the ref does't act like a complete tit and the crowd stays right behind them for the full game even if they make mistakes, we can definitely beat these tonight.

So lets get this done tonight so we can have a boss weekend.
That right there is why we are worried about tonight.

They are not a boss side, but we are worried that the officials will once again F us.

They hate us, we know it, and they are becoming more and more blatant in their corrupt decisions knowing that they have the backing of all the officials and the Red pundits on Sky.

That right there is why we are worried about tonight.

They are not a boss side, but we are worried that the officials will once again F us.

They hate us, we know it, and they are becoming more and more blatant in their corrupt decisions knowing that they have the backing of all the officials and the Red pundits on Sky.
Yeah the officials are definitely a worry but we have just got to get on with it and be sensible no matter what happens. If we are denied a stonewall penalty, then don't get frustrated and run down the other end of the pitch and give the corrupt tosser a chance of giving you an easy red card. Stay calm and get a goal from somewhere else.

Need a professional and passionate performance tonight with the crowd completely behind them no matter what happens. Do that and we can beat a lower mid table team that are only 3 places above us.

Status
Not open for further replies.