Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much as this hurts, we were pretty good till the injuries. Saint Maximin was unplayable and would have rinsed just about any FB in the league tonight bar Kyle Walker. We'll come again. But it needs to be soon. In Frank we trust..

These players just don’t care. They have absolutely no fight or desire. I hate them all.

This is my biggest concern. We have a lot of players who know how to do just enough to make it look like they are putting a shift in. It’s only when you see Gordon sprinting everywhere that you think he is doing something incredible. In actual fact that’s the minimum you should expect

It'll all come back to the defenders. Mina and Godfrey are by a country mile our best pair but won't be fit. Patterson and Mykolenko clearly aren't up to the level yet either so Coleman and a makeshift left back have to play. Holgate is John Stones, you can see there's quality there but he's too old now to be making the mistakes he does and he's just brainless. Stones had Jagielka next to him, Holgate has Keane.

I see quality in Holgate but Keane I genuinely don't know how he regularly plays at this level. He's awful. Everything about him is. If I were a forward playing against him I'd do nothing but pressure him all game, he can't handle it, you can visually see it. He's like a somehow worse version of Phil Jones who makes everything he does, even existing as a human being, look like it's unnatural and alien to him.

The amount of time they all gave the ball away today was shocking, you can tell that Lampard wants to play out from the back but it is a dreadful sign when you look at your backline and can comfortably say your goalkeeper is better on the ball than them. I think Lampard can sort the midfield after a few games and the forward line sorts itself but this defence will be the death of us no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back