Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullseye. No-ones down and they're all thinking if Everton go in the bottom 3 they'll cave in and never get out of it.

Everyone of those teams has got more fight than we have. 1pt away since Oct 2.

Somehow we've got to hope this toxic bunch of mercenaries, injury ravaged, psychologically fragile multi-millionaires can get us some wins at home.
No chance; Burnley and Norwich are thinking just get above Everton and we are safe.

Brentford, Leeds, Watford and Norwich are not going to glean too many points. We might well drop into the bottom three, but it won't take too much to get back out of it if we have anything about us at all. But then you think of Michael Keane, Alex Iwobi, Mason Holgate, Andre Gomes...
Gomes is the one I worry about, he’s a tidy player but on the ball he seems to easily pushed off the ball and he wants to much time. I really see him as a weak link, Doucoure staying fit will keep him out so I hope it stays that way, if we play a 3 then Gomes does tend to be a bit better. Also Gray back helps massive he gives us another dimension.

People said Burnley were gone the other day. No team is out of it yet. My biggest concern is that our hope stems from the Leeds and Brentford games but in reality those are the two out of form teams in the league at the moment.

Our next actual winnable game is wolves and they will be playing with no pressure at all. Its not looking too good if I'm honest. Looking at the remaining fixtures I'd say we are bang in trouble
You can look at every team and say they’re bang in trouble. While every game will be a pressure game from now on in. Our fixtures are no worse than some of the others.

Leeds have a tough run, and their winnable games on paper is against the teams around them. And the same for all the other teams down there. So they will be taking points of each other

We still have a handful of winnable games, so fingers crossed

I think Leeds have a decent run in, think Phillips and Cooper are back soon which will help and then Bamford shortly after.
I just cant see Brentford winning games.

No chance; Burnley and Norwich are thinking just get above Everton and we are safe.
Imo Norwich just haven’t got enough, also Burnleys form could quickly go the other way, but they do have more fight in them than most down there including us. Newcastle have now lost Trippier for while, he has been a revelation for them, they will miss him big style, so they definitely have as much work as us to do with on paper a worse squad. How are we even down there it’s an embarrassment as our squad (on paper) is so much better than the others down there. Blame Benitez and injuries, but the players need to have a good look at themselves in the main they have been awful this season.

Gomes is the one I worry about, he’s a tidy player but on the ball he seems to easily pushed off the ball and he wants to much time. I really see him as a weak link, Doucoure staying fit will keep him out so I hope it stays that way, if we play a 3 then Gomes does tend to be a bit better. Also Gray back helps massive he gives us another dimension.
You want see much of Gomes from now on in, if Allan, de Beek, Doucoure, dele stay fit. I’d even say Frank will trust Delph more on the run if he can get fit

I think Leeds have a decent run in, think Phillips and Cooper are back soon which will help and then Bamford shortly after.
I just cant see Brentford winning games.
I don’t think they do. 13 left Norwich at home is probably there only gimmie. If there is such a thing.
the other possibilities is villa H, Southampton H, Brighton H, Watford A, Brentford A. The other 7 are really tough. And they have a -27 goal difference. You would expect them to get out of it. But forget Norwich and Watford, you still have one place and Burnley, Newcastle picking up points.

If they keep shipping goals it will drain their confidence even more

Status
Not open for further replies.