Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I would say is that relegation would be horrible and it means so much to most of us on here. But it is at the end of the day football. Not trying to be flippant at all but life will carry on. To people who are getting very upset and worried over it remember that . Was not looking forward to the game or the rest of the season. Then heard last night of a young kid of 22 who I'd know through another sport who tool his life yesterday and I just realised that at times we take it to heart too much.
It will get us down. But there are other things in life much more important .
True that mate.

The Esk on a twitter space right now saying that "senior members of the first team squad were actively briefing the press against Lampard hours before kick off tonight"

Well if that is even 1% true the majority of the press will have already started rolling with it or will be rolling with it first thing tomorrow morning.

So let's see if Esk is correct about this.

If we do go down we’ll need to sell:
Calvert-Lewin; 50 mill
Richie; 50 mill
Allan; 10 mill
Pickford; 30 mill

Plus contracts expiring of Sigurdsson, Delph and Tosun.

That’s 140 million in transfer fees plus around 30 million a year in wages in total.

These savings, plus parachute payments, would probably keep the banks away/FFP clear for one season as long as we could get promoted at the first time of asking, if we don’t then we’re in serious turmoil.
Calvert-Lewin; 10 mill
Richie; 15 mill
Allan; 5 mill
Pickford; 15 mill

How do we fund the stadium?

You don't, I'm a Leeds fan and I'm sorry to say this but from my impartial view you are gone, I was worried but not now and not if we beat Watford on Saturday.

You played ok (ish) but no heart.

Some of you still don't get it and the odd message says go down rebuild and come back up. They are WRONG I've said it before on here but there is no up-side to relegation, none at all. It could kill your club, look at Leeds at Derby at Bolton, Sunderland.

Your new stadium, can you see it happening if you don't immediately come back up?

I would imagine most players have relegation clauses in their contracts so you will lose your better players, probably on the cheep because others will know you need the money.

Why are you not outside the club protesting?

We stayed down 16 years, I was 29 I'm now 45 let that sink in, you might not like us Leeds fans not many do but we've been there and it's [Poor language removed].

And the problem is its been left too late to do anything about it, it is down to your players and manager to dig you out of this and honestly I don't think they can.

The difference there is that they didn't go down with 100 grand a week players with zero resale value and massive losses to be made on them.

That's the difference here. Villa only turned it around when they were bought out at least twice more, Leeds took how long and absolute mess in the process to do it. City were not a team you were surprised went down at the time.

How many clubs pay 100 grand a week to players in the championship and last very long whilst also balancing books for throwing money away? Relegation kills us , we will struggle to even sort out a squad that can compete at that level because there will absolutely nothing left after the vultures swoop.
All those same things were said by worried Villa, Leeds & M City fans when their club went down. The only difference is 100k-a-week is now standard, but these raises are in line with everything else (TV money, ticket prices, sponsorships, parachute payments etc).

Ultimately, the numbers don't matter. We'll go down. Bankrupt. New Stadium cancelled. We'll be giving away players just to get them off the wage bill. We'll replace them with youth-graduates and lower-league journeymen. Dunc will finally get the job. We'll do well to avoid relegation to the third tier...

...but gradually things will pick up, the fans will appreciate what following Everton really is. Even if it takes 5 years to return back to the top flight, that journey will surely have more soul about it than these last 5 years. More meaning.

It's meaning that's been missing. We might get that back after relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.