Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about what relegation would do to this club, it leaves you feeling empty. An already dwindling fan base would evaporate even more. With their success and our failure, it's a complete surrender of the city to the next generation of supporters.

For clubs like Watford and Norwich relegation must be deflating but it'll be nothing compared to what happens to us. Our pride will be smashed to bits, a complete stain on the club's history. We'd never recover.

It wasn't aimed at you mate, just using your quote.

The championship is fun but if you do go you are the big fish and will be 90% of oppositions cup final.

The PL in my experience is the most corrupt, money soaked waste of time unless your Liverpool or City.

VAR. Schedules. BIG six.

All complete rubbish.

When you think about what relegation would do to this club, it leaves you feeling empty. An already dwindling fan base would evaporate even more. With their success and our failure, it's a complete surrender of the city to the next generation of supporters.

For clubs like Watford and Norwich relegation must be deflating but it'll be nothing compared to what happens to us. Our pride will be smashed to bits, a complete stain on the club's history. We'd never recover.
Man City got relegated from the Premier League in 1996 in the shadow of the great ManU teams, and came back into the the league with at least some fanbase even before the Arab takeover.

Inappropriate Language
I’ve thought we were gone for a while now but tonight was the final nail in the coffin. Conceding 3 goals to Burnley is an absolute disgrace. No goals from open play against what was possibly the worst team we’ve played this season… Just diabolical.

This isn’t on Frank and these s***houses need to have a long hard look at themselves. Just hope we can hang on to AG when we go down. Ship the rest out and build a young team to get us back up and start progressing. Totally sick to death of paying to watch these jokers week in week out. Total clear out needed in the summer, starting with the board.

Relegation will kill us. We absolutely do need a reset but relegation kills this club.

Simply for the fact that all our terrible high wage players can't even be sold. Nobody wants them.

So all these high wage players will cripple us whilst failing to turn up still.
Our only hope is, is that the club inserted relegation clauses in their contracts but somehow you get the impression with the way the club is run, that we didn’t.

The sad reality that has fully sunk in tonight, is that this situation isn't necessarily about talent.

They are completely and utterly mentally shot. Benetiz started it by making them all think that they were terrible players (fairly or not), Lampard tried to make them think they were good players, which led to some massive defeats. Now they are just so scared of making mistakes and losing, that they are making mistakes and losing.

Only luck can help us now. I just can't see us picking up the 4-7 points that we will need to stay up.

Shattered.

We wont recover from relegation. We are finished as a club. We are doing a Sunderland with these players.

I dont even know if we will have a club. Our finances are going to be dire.
My biggest worry. Other teams that have gone down Fulham, Norwich, sheff united, have a strong financial base. We are crippled with huge losses year on year, which will only get worse with relegation, which will see is go into administration. It could be years till we recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.