Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointless but I've had this prediction for a while.
Doesn't in anyway comfort as ive a lingering fear well now freeze Vs Palace.

We're adapt at being the club without expectations, written off, got no chance. Throughout our history [at least mine] we don't handle being favourites. Since the Leicester game we 'were out of it' and followed that up with a dire match at Watford [still could be a crucial point]. Lampard himself hit on the different 'emotions' or however it was put; turning a 5 point defecit into a 2 point lead & having the ability to realise we aren't the chases anymore.

Fastforward to yesterday it was a mixture of typical Everton and some good old corruption I guess, but we move on. There's lots within the game we could control but failed, and lots within the game the ref could control.

It all rest on Palace nowing we need a win can we perform to the level required, or in typical Everton fashion the fear is we'll be afraid make mistakes, it'll be cagey, and it'll be rabbit in the headlights. Utter sickening season needs putting to bed before Arsenal ?

f3ochm.jpg

Last edited:
It depends if Burnley draw on Thursday. If they lose, they are 2 behind us anyway, and with a better GD. The draw only becomes useful if Burnley draw themselves, or if we can follow it with another draw.

A draw is better than a loss obviously, but the benefit isn't likely to be a lot. If the game is level after 80 mins then we need to roll the dice.
It's simple: if they get beat on Thursday and we daw they have to beat Newcastle. That is a dramatic difference.

We’ve had terrible decisions all season.

I’m not denying we’ve been poor but with fair refereeing we’re not in this situation.

There has to be a reason for this. General incompetence would even itself out over that period but we’ve had consistent bad decisions all season even with the aid of VAR to help referees.

We got 2 pens at Burnley, a pretty soft one against Brighton and one yesterday. Lost all 3 games.

We need Burnley to lose full stop Thursday (If we don't win), them needing to win final day may put pressure on them (But ive already said i think they will win final day), having 2 teams below us final day (If we don't beat Palace) may help, as off course if we only draw Thursday and they win they are above us on GD, and i can imagine Burnley fans would be thinking Everton will lose at Arsenal if all that came off

we will lose at arsenal so we’re as good as gone if that will be the situation

Imagine signing dele Ali, van der beek and el ghazi when eriksen was available.
Imagine signing 5 players in the middle of a relegation battle and by the end of the season only one of them is in your team!

Ali , el ghazi , Patterson , van de beek , none of them have helped us in the relegation battle (Patterson injured obviously).

5 players signed man, 5 , and same team as before the Jan window more or less.

I think this is done for us on Thursday night.

If we win, great. That's it. But if Burnley lose I'll be very confident both they and Leeds cant get final day wins.

You'd like to think with it being villa's last home game they would put a performance in for the fans. I'm a bit worried that Stevie me takes his eye off the ball thinking about the City match.

Gerrard is super competitive...the Burnley game is a better opportunity for them to get another 3 points, so he will not overlook this game to help out Liverpool, he will only care about himself (mathematically Villa can still get a Top 10 finish)...
We played Brentford yesterday who had nothing to play for, and we got beat (albeit under dubious circumstances)....Villa will be up for it

Status
Not open for further replies.