• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Remember when some people thought Pavel Nedved was the best player in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mikey edited his original post so I edited this one as it didn't make sense.

Scandalous behaviour.

Last edited:

There was a time, I think around the 2002 World Cup, where everyone was going on about how he was the best in the world etc and then it died down quite drastically. He was obviously highly rated but the buzz seemed to die as quickly as it started

Think I've not done a good job explaining this really. I think there was a time where people were talking about Nedved with the same sort of reference that they talk about Messi and Ronaldo now. Thing is, they seem to have had a prolonged period with that sort of hype where as he didn't. At least, that's how I see it anyway

He was hyped a lot because he was great, and he was until he stopped playing, really.

He stopped getting so hyped around 2005-6, with the Juventus scandal and all that. You didn't exactly hear anyone's name hyped around that time, if they were related to Juventus.

Always regarded as one of the greats, by everyone.

He was hyped a lot because he was great, and he was until he stopped playing, really.

He stopped getting so hyped around 2005-6, with the Juventus scandal and all that. You didn't exactly hear anyone's name hyped around that time, if they were related to Juventus.

Always regarded as one of the greats, by everyone.

Oh he was great no doubt but I don't know if they will hold him in the same regard as Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona etc in the coming years. Considering the hype he had for a while, that's just a bit unfair in my eyes

Oh he was great no doubt but I don't know if they will hold him in the same regard as Messi, Ronaldo, Pele, Maradona etc in the coming years. Considering the hype he had for a while, that's just a bit unfair in my eyes

I don't think he was ever rated that highly, though.

Great for his time, great for his club, outstanding ability.

Not in any way or form, or ever, regarded as one of those, I think. Rated as a world great - check; greatest - nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back