• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Remember when some people thought Pavel Nedved was the best player in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really rated him that highly myself. He was one of the better players in the italian league when it was on top so I may have been a bit harsh.

I was made up when he disappeared. Some commentary tit used to call him NiedVied and it done my head in.

Well they aren't cuz 1) he wasn't, 2) he's retired and 40 years old mate.

I see what you mean though, even though I never thought he was regarded as one of the greatest ever.

I think what set me off was listening to Townsend and co praising Messi and thinking "I'm sure people were like that about Nedved". I seem to recall a big article about him in Four Four Two where they were talking about him in such reverant tones. My memory may have exagerated it though

I still don't get this thread at all

pavel_nedved1.jpg

Nedved was class, that 2004 Czech team was one of the best teams of the 21st century. Holland 2 -3 Czech Republic in Euro 2004 was one of the best games of my lifetime.

He is still seen as one of the best players of the late 90s/00s as far as I know. He's never been thought of as someone on the same level as Pele, or Maradona, [moyes] or Phil Neville [/moyes], not sure where you got that from. He was class, but so were Figo, Shevchenko, Rivaldo etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back