• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Remember when some people thought Pavel Nedved was the best player in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nedved took the czech republic to the euro finals and semi finals. won european cup i think with juventus and serie a titles. was top class.

I always thought Nedved was in the same category of Pirlo and Zlatan myself. Proper boss, but not GOAT category boss.

Think I've not done a good job explaining this really. I think there was a time where people were talking about Nedved with the same sort of reference that they talk about Messi and Ronaldo now. Thing is, they seem to have had a prolonged period with that sort of hype where as he didn't. At least, that's how I see it anyway

Nah, he was never thought about as being THAT boss. Not legendary boss, just contemporary boss.

Nedved was an absolute joy to watch. Those Euros were when most took notice, but he was quietly going about his business while with Lazio, too.

At any point, was he the best player in the world

If answer to that is "no", then my point remains perfectly valid
The answer isn't no though?
maxresdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back