Status
Not open for further replies.
Blind 14m
Shaqiri 13m
Wilshire free
Johnny Evans 3.5m
Duelofou 11.5m
Tadic 10m
Those players from sporting that left the club.
Jao moutinho 5m

There are players there you just have to look for them. I'm not saying these are world class players just you can pay a fair price for a half decent player if you look around.

]

Don't you think the low transfer fees will be reflected when it comes to negotiating terms though? When it's a free or a very low relegation clause you can bet that the agent's fee, the signing on fee, bonuses and wage will be a few million higher over the term of the contract as they know the club is saving on the transfer fee.

It's not a case of looking around with any of those deals either. These are all well known players and in many cases it was common knowledge about their contract situations - these aren't obscure deals for unheard of players that went under the radar.

Wolves seem to have an arrangement in place for signing Portuguese players such as Moutinho, Neves, Patricio....and the current situation with the legality of Sporting players leaving the club may well not have been resolved yet. I'm not sure.

Wilshere may not have wanted to leave London and he's another injury prone midfielder we don't need.
Signing 30+ centre halves hasn't worked out well recently so that's Evans.
Tadic is getting close to 30 and maybe isn't what's needed to push on.
Tried Del twice and it's never really worked out here and at several other clubs for whatever reason despite his obvious talent.
Shaqiri? Again, it's not a case of having to look around. He's a well known player and it was common knowledge even to those of us outside the game that he had a clause. And it's not like the rest of the RS spending this summer has been based on buying cheap.

We got Sandro on the cheap and his contract very much reflects that when you look at his achievements and ability.

Can't really remember, is this guy quick?

yeah he's quick - the lads 21 years old but doesnt really seem to have an end product - well watching his highlights video (hence why i say hes like deulofeu, as he could get round people but final pass or shot was poor)

Transfer fees are now an irrelevance. Look at how much you spend watching god knows how many truly awful 90 minute games of football or how much it costs to watch other dreadful games on your TV despite the fact that a very high percentage really aren't very entertaining - especially if you aren't arsed about the result.

Now continue to lecture football clubs on how important it is to be responsible with money and assure they get good value.

———Lookman
Henry - DCL - Richarlison

Holy yes FIFA will be some pacey fun.

0276c931-177b-501b-8319-9348ede7b3d3.gif

Blind 14m
Shaqiri 13m
Wilshire free
Johnny Evans 3.5m
Duelofou 11.5m
Tadic 10m
Jao moutinho 5m

There are players there you just have to look for them. I'm not saying these are world class players just you can pay a fair price for a half decent player if you look around.

Lets look at each. Shaqiri is a very poor player who had the best season of his life and probably scored the same number of open play goals as Richarlinson. He contributes a fraction of him off the ball and probably contributed less goals and assists. As with most of the list his wages will be much higher,

Many of the Sporting players have resigned, Carvalho has gone for 20 million.

We spent lots on similar signings last season and it didn't work out. Younger players cost money. Most of the players you mention above are past their best.

There's a thread somewhere with posters saying they wouldn't pay the £28m for him. So had they made the call, we wouldn't have signed him at all.

This Richarlison deal isn't the same as that though. Lukaku had two full years of very good PL performance behind him and it was blindingly obvious he'd do well and we'd make a huge profit. That was as low-risk a transfer as you'll see, for the price. This deal is pretty high-risk as he has only a few months' genuinely good PL performance.
Yeah but most of the posters on here are just looking for something to moan about lol

I think £35m is standard for a young promising player, I think he’ll do well

Don't you think the low transfer fees will be reflected when it comes to negotiating terms though? When it's a free or a very low relegation clause you can bet that the agent's fee, the signing on fee, bonuses and wage will be a few million higher over the term of the contract as they know the club is saving on the transfer fee.

It's not a case of looking around with any of those deals either. These are all well known players and in many cases it was common knowledge about their contract situations - these aren't obscure deals for unheard of players that went under the radar.

Wolves seem to have an arrangement in place for signing Portuguese players such as Moutinho, Neves, Patricio....and the current situation with the legality of Sporting players leaving the club may well not have been resolved yet. I'm not sure.

Wilshere may not have wanted to leave London and he's another injury prone midfielder we don't need.
Signing 30+ centre halves hasn't worked out well recently so that's Evans.
Tadic is getting close to 30 and maybe isn't what's needed to push on.
Tried Del twice and it's never really worked out here and at several other clubs for whatever reason despite his obvious talent.
Shaqiri? Again, it's not a case of having to look around. He's a well known player and it was common knowledge even to those of us outside the game that he had a clause. And it's not like the rest of the RS spending this summer has been based on buying cheap.

We got Sandro on the cheap and his contract very much reflects that when you look at his achievements and ability.
No mate, transfer fees are the only things that matter, there’s no place for intelligent thinking in this thread

just watching his youtube skills and goals video of last season ... ermm not really that impressed at all. Few of my mates rate him but just reminds me of deulofeu. Looking forward to be proved wrong though
Underwhelming is the word you would use, I've serious doubts about this signing, obviously be more than happy to be proved wrong.

Blind 14m
Shaqiri 13m
Wilshire free
Johnny Evans 3.5m
Duelofou 11.5m
Tadic 10m
Jao moutinho 5m

This is what we are trying to get away from.
The last thing our club needs to sign players like those on the list.

I see that Shaqiri is on the list above and people look at the price of 13m, add in signing on fees which will be substantial because of the low transfer fee, agents fees and wages on top of all this then over a five year contract you are looking at a figure between 40m and 50m for a questionable squad player....no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.