Confirmed Signing Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

We don't have infinite money to piss away.

The value for money does matter. To me it does at least. I want to feel confident that the people employed to spend our money are spending it wisely. We're seeing the problems it causes when they don't right now with the trouble we are having shifting the dog muck we signed in these last two seasons. I don't want this trend to continue.

That was a totally different regime. I get your concerns but you have to have faith in them knowing what they are doing. If not then we may as well give up right now. We have a new manager who we all need to get behind, it would be a horrible precedent to set if we did not back him on his first requested signing.

I don't want to sell him.

I'd accept 30m pounds. Only if the kid is adamant he wants out tho. If he is adamant then bye if the right bid comes in. He's not done enough yet to throw a hissy.

All irrelevant tho because we should never be selling for the fees quoted under any circumstances.

The argument we could have got better from Europe for similar less fee is mute. Our name carries no weight in Europe with the class of player we've allegedly been in for. I.e. Lozano Malcom etc. Any continental player moving up a notch wants CL.

richarlison maybe coming at a premium but at least silva knows the player.

It is what it is.

We are where we are.

End of.

That is clearly nonsense.

And the point is anyway rather the one @Dutch Toffee and I made earlier -- it's not about whether Richarlison's level is the best we can get. It's about how much you pay for that level. I don't mind us buying a second-tier player. I just don't want us to spend first-tier cash on him. That was the Walsh/Koeman era. The Brands era was supposed to be different. Clubs looking on will just be thinking: nothing has changed, they are there for the taking and they are clueless in the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back