Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
There probably won’t be anyone available, so it doesn’t matter anyway. Thing about our boy Richy is he likes to run at defenders- every. time. he. gets. the. ball.

That isn’t really a bad thing as he will get through every now and again, but that type of mentality is definitely suited better on the wing.

I think he has done a solid job out of position and maybe he will develop the mentality required, but it wouldn’t hurt to window shop for a striker.

That’s why I put “at the time” in brackets.

Clearly we paid over the odds for what he was worth at that point ode to the issues with Watford.

It was a gamble, but thankfully it seems to be paying off.
We paid £40,000,000+because marco said that is worth paying,Therefore we did not pay over the odds

Said it the other day to our kid...but reminds me of the Brazilian Ronaldo...need a midfield enforcer to go with the package tho...

No mate, the real Ronaldo was miles ahead of him even comparing him at 16-17 to richy now and it’s not even close. Ronaldo was faster, stronger and was literally the best dribbler on the planet. Will never seen another like him.

..I doubt Richarlison will ever be a truly prolific goalscorer but I think he can be a prolific player.
Agree entirely. I think his best position is wide left in a front three. We have Siguardsson being deployed in his best position, number 10 pulling the strings, however Richarlison is being asked to play centrally due to our lack of options in this area. He will never be a regular 20+ goals a season striker, but he can contribute 10-15 goals a season and numerous assists from the left. He creates space for others with his tireless work rate and physicality.

Agree entirely. I think his best position is wide left in a front three. We have Siguardsson being deployed in his best position, number 10 pulling the strings, however Richarlison is being asked to play centrally due to our lack of options in this area. He will never be a regular 20+ goals a season striker, but he can contribute 10-15 goals a season and numerous assists from the left. He creates space for others with his tireless work rate and physicality.

Have to wait and see if he can perform at a higg level at CF.

On the left we would look very tasty with Richarlison and Digne thats for sure.

It would cut down games for lookman and bernars though unless one can take Walcotts place.

I want him to play wide left with Walcot wide right and Sigurdsson 10. Bernard should be rotated with these 3 so they all get a break it would also mean teams would never quite be sure how to set up against us as Bernard is a different player to Richarlison on the left so the opposing right back would deal differently. I like the option of using him as a striker if we want something different but it should be the occasional game not every week.

He can play any position across the front 3. Brazil play him on the right when he comes on. He is playing up front because we play a style where we want to get behind teams. Tosun does not have the pace to stretch teams. Walcott will eventually be replaced and i'm unsure on Bernard on the left. So I would expect a new forward line in the next year which would make us very strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back