Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the people who say he goes to ground too much...who the hell doesn't? It's why I stopped watching footy, especially prem footy. Every player goes over way to easily these days, some players get labelled for it and others get given everything, mainly dependant on who they play for.

For all the people who say he goes to ground too much...who the hell doesn't? It's why I stopped watching footy, especially prem footy. Every player goes over way to easily these days, some players get labelled for it and others get given everything, mainly dependant on who they play for.

It's called cheating, and sadly Richarlison is one of those players.

I think he’s fine against the big teams as a striker. Problem is, he won’t have much space against the other teams at home. They will set up shop.

Thought he did well today, was more involved when we went more direct in the second half. Was never going to win many in the air but he harried and chased to make it difficult for the CBs and almost got a reward a few times. Also unlucky to see one cleared off the line. Haven’t seen the yellow card again but thought it could have been a red seeing it live in the stadium - heard a smack when he hit him and looked intentional to me, but luckily he got away with it if so!

He can't hold the ball up good enough, his first instinct when the ball comes to him is to turn and run at defenders, he then ends up getting tackled or giving the ball away, and for a big lad he's too lightweight, he's easily out muscled, and spends most of the time up front on his arse.

The other thing is, is it any coincidence that when he first came in and played out on the left he was fantastic compared to his performances now. All about opinions, and that's mine.

He can't hold the ball up good enough, his first instinct when the ball comes to him is to turn and run at defenders, he then ends up getting tackled or giving the ball away, and for a big lad he's too lightweight, he's easily out muscled, and spends most of the time up front on his arse.

The other thing is, is it any coincidence that when he first came in and played out on the left he was fantastic compared to his performances now. All about opinions, and that's mine.
Does it concern you that even when he was supposedly playing well out wide he created practically zero? Most teams rely on those players to be the creative players in the team so it seems problematic to me that he doesn't provide that.

Does it concern you that even when he was supposedly playing well out wide he created practically zero? Most teams rely on those players to be the creative players in the team so it seems problematic to me that he doesn't provide that.

As I say mate, all about opinions, and for me he did create chances when he was out wide, especially cutting inside. Now at this moment in time he may be the only option up front, I get that, but we need to address the striker situation big style in the Summer.

There a lot worse up there. Wasnt bought as a striker but because we have nothing else he has to try to do the job. He was unlucky not to score a couple today. He will be out wide next year when we hopefully bring in a top front man

Agree mate that he's probably the only alternative we've got at this moment in time, but he's a far better winger than he is a striker.

As I say mate, all about opinions, and for me he did create chances when he was out wide, especially cutting inside. Now at this moment in time he may be the only option up front, I get that, but we need to address the striker situation big style in the Summer.
Agreed on the summer. We need to at a minimum bring in another option.

On the opinion he did create chances part, they have stats for those kind of things which are more fact than opinion and he statistically does not and did not create many. What he did do was cut inside and get shots away for himself which is admittedly a useful skill but I feel he can do that when he plays up top as well without having his lack of passing ability costing the team as much.

Today for me was a really promising center forward performance. He was a nuisance for the CBs, he got on the end of some things and he got his shots in like a good center forward does. He didn't score but ok that happens sometimes even to top notch strikers. The key is when he plays up top he consistently finds away to threaten even if sometimes it isn't in the most orthodox way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back