Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Bernard is AMAZING but he should’ve expected nothing from him.

It just makes no sense. So we like the bargain player if he turns out okay. But we hate relatively speaking the 40M player who plays well if he’s not elite.
I'm not having a go at Richarlison because personally I'm fairly happy with him, but it really does make perfect sense to expect more from players who cost a lot.

If you try to say that you would have contentedly put the signings of Leandro Rodriguez, Guillaume Plessis, Boris Mathis etc down to a punt that didn't work out if we'd spent £25m each on them then you're either lying or an idiot, and I don't believe you're an idiot. That's literally all you need to consider to realise that your argument doesn't get off the ground. It's nothing to do with the totally disingenuous idea of expecting a little bit extra for every pound spent, just that players who cost a lot of money will always have more expected of them than players who cost very little. That's literally why you pay more for them, if you could better quality for cheaper then you shouldn't have paid the fee in the first place.

giphy.gif

That footage of richy after someone runs past him?

Yes if he was consistent but if he only had 6 good games (they were only good cos he scored,he did literally nothing else) in 5 months would we really be hyping him up? I dunno, his prem record is about 17 good games in 63.

As for home grown....mate, they are the first to get it. Look at Ross, Davies, Kenny etc one bad pass and your'e dead, DEAD I tell ya.

I agree our homegrown get it but with that many goals in a breakout season for a homegrown player we would give them a pass and hype that tally.

I'm not having a go at Richarlison because personally I'm fairly happy with him, but it really does make perfect sense to expect more from players who cost a lot.

If you try to say that you would have contentedly put the signings of Leandro Rodriguez, Guillaume Plessis, Boris Mathis etc down to a punt that didn't work out if we'd spent £25m each on them then you're either lying or an idiot, and I don't believe you're an idiot. That's literally all you need to consider to realise that your argument doesn't get off the ground. It's nothing to do with the totally disingenuous idea of expecting a little bit extra for every pound spent, just that players who cost a lot of money will always have more expected of them than players who cost very little. That's literally why you pay more for them, if you could better quality for cheaper then you shouldn't have paid the fee in the first place.
Again, Bernard was on a free. Older players that are better than younger players will cost less. Just because Coleman was bought for nothing, do we not expect something from him?

Richy is 21. If he was 28 he would have cost 1/5 of the price. Would we have expected less? Quite the opposite.

Again, Bernard was on a free. Older players that are better than younger players will cost less. Just because Coleman was bought for nothing, do we not expect something from him?

Richy is 21. If he was 28 he would have cost 1/5 of the price. Would we have expected less? Quite the opposite.
Bernard was a long way from 'free'. We didn't have to pay another club, but he was still a relatively expensive signing by our standards, reportedly being our highest earner.

You're making a massive leap that makes no sense. Nobody's saying that you have no expectations of a cheaper player, just that they're likely to be different. There's a certain level that you expect everybody to meet, and then there are certain players who you expect more from, that's what you're paying for. If you buy a cheap car you still expect it to get you from a to b, but you don't necessarily expect it to have all the additional stuff that an expensive one does. It's really dead basic stuff.

Give Coleman another 3-year deal because he’s currently playing miles better than what you’d expect from a £60k player.

Am I doing this right?

No, that was best part of 10 years ago and pre-snapped leg. In his pomp he was one of the best RB's in the league and one of the best deals in prem history.

Bernard was a long way from 'free'. We didn't have to pay another club, but he was still a relatively expensive signing by our standards, reportedly being our highest earner.

You're making a massive leap that makes no sense. Nobody's saying that you have no expectations of a cheaper player, just that they're likely to be different. There's a certain level that you expect everybody to meet, and then there are certain players who you expect more from, that's what you're paying for. If you buy a cheap car you still expect it to get you from a to b, but you don't necessarily expect it to have all the additional stuff that an expensive one does. It's really dead basic stuff.

Coleman is the footballing equivalent of winning the lottery, have a player in the team who can contribute for a decade with an outlay of 60k. Its not just what he cost you and what he can contribute. It also saves you dropping 20 mill on a full back, while enabling to spend the money you would have done elsewhere. Hes been a little goldmine for Everton.

You'd be less surprised and pee'd off if the cheap car didn't do what it was meant to do very well than if the expensive car did the same (you'd boo at it).

But I’m not talking about transfer strategy, I’m talking purely about expectations in performance. Obviously.

It’s not our money so why care was asked... I simply gave one reason why everyone should care, it directly effects future transfer policy

No, that was best part of 10 years ago and pre-snapped leg. In his pomp he was one of the best RB's in the league and one of the best deals in prem history.

So you’d say he’s not currently performing to the expectations we’d have of a £60k player just as Richarlison isn’t performing to the expectations of a £45m player?

So you’d say he’s not currently performing to the expectations we’d have of a £60k player just as Richarlison isn’t performing to the expectations of a £45m player?

One is in his prime, or was considered to be for the first 10 games at watford and the first 10 games with us (after which he disapears) as is performing well below his 45mil cost, the other is at the end of his career and recovering from a snapped leg but is still performing 100 times his cost

You are doing that GOT thing of just saying anything in a poor attempt to prove your "point"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back