Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2018/19 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richarlison is a funny one. He's scored probably more goals than anyone expected, yet you still feel there's a lot more in him. He reminds me a bit of Ronaldo in that physically he's very good and he's a selfish bugger. He's very similar to the team as a whole, as you sense there's a lot more to come from this unit, and it's up to Silva to coax it out of them.

Great finish yesterday. He had a similar chance in the derby when he went down in the box expecting contact from Van Djik that never came - I'd have given my left nut for him to finish that one first time but oh well.

Doesn’t get the credit he deserves. On course for close to 20 a season and all the talk is about why we should get a striker in, or Tosun should play, or he’s not a natural finisher. He’s absolutely top drawer.

I agree with the sentiment of this. All I'd add is I don't think he's top draw yet (though fair enough if that's your view) but I think he can still get a lot better. He can still be much more clinical and still learn how to master the number 9 role. He will also fill out a bit over time. I also think he can be a bit more clinical in possession and pick passes better (as well as running in a more direct way on the counter.

Starting from a base of 15-20 league goals at 21 and seeing significant improvement in his game as available is a scary thought.

Nobody his age or below is even close to this lad.

Richarlison is a funny one. He's scored probably more goals than anyone expected, yet you still feel there's a lot more in him. He reminds me a bit of Ronaldo in that physically he's very good and he's a selfish bugger. He's very similar to the team as a whole, as you sense there's a lot more to come from this unit, and it's up to Silva to coax it out of them.

This is a great point, see my post above, there are 3-4 bits of the game he can improve. I remember thinking Lukaku would get better at a similar age but it was more just he'd become more confident. With Richarlinson there's loads you can see he can (and probably will) do to get better.

I think the Ronaldo shout is a good one, whether he is quite that good I don't know. But Ronaldo just surged through his early 20's. Once he put it all together he just kept improving. You've seen a bit of that with Richarlinson this season now he's fresh, going from 5 goals to 9 in half a season is already a big jump.

The lad to me is a better around player and similar goal threat to Lukaku at an equivalent age. I think he's more versatile and could be a better goalscorer than him.

Lovely instinctive finish for his goal.
That to me at least, was pure inbuilt talent. That was not the result of any coaching.
If he can become a more consistent team player we will have a true talent that will be of benefit to us either within the field of play, or when Barca/Real come in with the big bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back