2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
And who are these 10-15 goal a season wide players mate?

You could sell DCL tomorrow and sign a Jimenez, Danny Ings, Watkins, Toney etc and have a similiar type of CF.

Sell Richarlison and I dont see many goal scoring wide players available and every chance we end up with a Bolasie/Benard/Iwobi type.

Outside the top 6 sides the only wide player who has scored close to Richarlison's figures is Wilf Zaha and apparently he's not good enough for us...
The only issue I have Witt both Richarlison and DCL is they don’t create anything for team mates. And I know I will get the old,
It’s not their job. But I do think they need to contribute a bit more.

There’s plenty of games this season, we’ve got into some fantastic positions and the final pass, cross has let us down. Or they’ve gone
For the wrong option. They aren’t the only culprits. We have quite a few.

That’s what I’d really like to see this summer. A couple more attackers, that have a footballing brain and that composure in the final 3rd

He's been good 2 out of 3 seasons mate - you're letting last seasons form cloud your judgement.

I don't think he wants out either personally people are just listening to rumours online and taking them as gospel.
I disagree. The games where he scored....14 per season, other than that he does nothing upfront. His workrate is (was) great, but he just offers too little when not scoring

The only issue I have Witt both Richarlison and DCL is they don’t create anything for team mates. And I know I will get the old,

There’s plenty of games this season, we’ve got into some fantastic positions and the final pass, cross has let us down. Or they’ve gone

That’s what I’d really like to see this summer. A couple more attackers, that have a footballing brain and that composure in the final 3rd

If we get in an attacking manager then Richarlison will improve but I dont think DCL will who lives off crosses/balls into the box and the team being more direct.

If we appoint a manager who wants us playing silky through balls into the CF to take it round the keeper and slot you would be selling DCL long before Richarlison as DCL relies largely on balls into the box / set pieces.

What worried me about Richarlison was that he was so bad that it looked like he'd downed tools, especially around December/January. Not just off form - outright not trying.

He's been poor in patches before but not due to a lack of effort; this season felt different.

When he's 'on it', he's brilliant. But he's not 'on it' enough for me.

It actually is Richarlison's job

If we get in an attacking manager then Richarlison will improve but I dont think DCL will who lives off crosses/balls into the box and the team being more direct.

If we appoint a manager who wants us playing silky through balls into the CF to take it round the keeper and slot you would be selling DCL long before Richarlison as DCL relies largely on balls into the box / set pieces.
DCL's last goal is exactly the thing you're saying he can't do

It actually is Richarlison's job
I’d say both, DCL has none.
Watkins and Callum Wilson have 5. Bamford 7. Werner 8 vardy 9. Just to name a few.

I think Richarlison got 3. Him and DCL will be the lowest of any strikers as pair or striker and wide attacker in the league. Shocking IMO

I’d say both, DCL has none.
Watkins and Callum Wilson have 5. Bamford 7. Werner 8 vardy 9. Just to name a few.

I think Richarlison got 3. Him and DCL will be the lowest of any strikers as pair or striker and wide attacker in the league. Shocking IMO
Richarlison is playing out wide a lot too where it is his job.

Strikers being creative is whatever. If they are they are if they aren't they aren't. DCL gets to 3 or 4 and we have no issues and fwiw I think he will in an actual attacking side.

Richarlison is playing out wide a lot too where it is his job.

Strikers being creative is whatever. If they are they are if they aren't they aren't. DCL gets to 3 or 4 and we have no issues and fwiw I think he will in an actual attacking side.
Well we will see, but it’s the biggest flaw in DCL game. And will stop him reaching that next level. Technically he’s not great

Well we will see, but it’s the biggest flaw in DCL game. And will stop him reaching that next level. Technically he’s not great
He's honestly fine. He might be a bit of a battering ram but until Carlo decided he couldn't be arsed with playing real football he was as effective as any I've ever seen. We get back to real creative play and who knows he might hit 20+.

We don't need the perfect player.

Selling DCL to move Richarlison to striker would be actual madness.

Not advocating that - Richarlison is a LW however depending on what style of play our new manager wants to implement DCL may very well become a valuable spare part who I would sell long before Richarlison who if he gets back to form is one of the best wide players in terms of goals in the league.

Not advocating that - Richarlison is a LW however depending on what style of play our new manager wants to implement DCL may very well become a valuable spare part who I would sell long before Richarlison who if he gets back to form is one of the best wide players in terms of goals in the league.
Unless the managers style of play revolves around winning matches without scoring goals we're going to need Domimic Calvert-Lewin

Unless the managers style of play revolves around winning matches without scoring goals we're going to need Domimic Calvert-Lewin

Silly comment.

Go and sign Vardy and set up a system where you do nothing but cross balls into the box for him to try head in and see how many he scores in comparisom to playing a system that plays to his strengths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back