2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
How good is he really? A bit overrated from a good portion of our fanbase.
Solid player when hes in the mood sure, but is he PSG/Real Madrid quality? Not for me.
Will be very surprised if we get more than 40 mill when we sell
I know, when he is up for it and firing he is excellent, but other days he frustrates the life out of me as he is unable to do the basics, and he gets caught offside so many times too!!

Can anyone shed a light on what system made Richarlisson so effective for Brasil last summer? Who is their coach?

Tite is their coach.

They play a kind of 4231 but with it Being Brazil theyre quite 'fluid'.

In the Olympics they had a really strong team out with Richarlison and Antony (Ajax) the top performers...others like Douglas Luiz (Villa) were called up as well so they were big favourites.

Brazil play with a centre forward, 2 wide players and a playmaker behind. Centre midfielders are typically defensive althoufh the team often pushes high up the pitch.

For me, I think the fact that they have a quality front 4 means that other teams cant 'double mark' their players...which they often do with Everton. Then having 2 sitting defensive minded midfielders behind really gives them a strong platform.

For us to succeed with using Richarlison up front we would really need to play a 433 or 4213 system (or similar) with a front foot attacking focus and have alot of movement around him plus use creative players.

Hes not someone we can just long ball it to like weve been doing with DCL.

Tite is their coach.

They play a kind of 4231 but with it Being Brazil theyre quite 'fluid'.

In the Olympics they had a really strong team out with Richarlison and Antony (Ajax) the top performers...others like Douglas Luiz (Villa) were called up as well so they were big favourites.

Brazil play with a centre forward, 2 wide players and a playmaker behind. Centre midfielders are typically defensive althoufh the team often pushes high up the pitch.

For me, I think the fact that they have a quality front 4 means that other teams cant 'double mark' their players...which they often do with Everton. Then having 2 sitting defensive minded midfielders behind really gives them a strong platform.

For us to succeed with using Richarlison up front we would really need to play a 433 or 4213 system (or similar) with a front foot attacking focus and have alot of movement around him plus use creative players.

Hes not someone we can just long ball it to like weve been doing with DCL.

I love your passion for the game and your encyclopaedic knowledge of it, Zat ?

I love your passion for the game and your encyclopaedic knowledge of it, Zat ?

Ive been thinking that if we sold DCL this summer then we should bring in 3 Brazilian players and pin down Richarlison long term as centre forward.

He's a very popular figure in Brazil and would surely attract players to join us.

You cant go far wrong when bringing in certain types of Brazilian players.

Ive been thinking that if we sold DCL this summer then we should bring in 3 Brazilian players and pin down Richarlison long term as centre forward.

He's a very popular figure in Brazil and would surely attract players to join us.

You cant go far wrong when bringing in certain types of Brazilian players.
Thanks for the insight. I had my suspicions but this kind of confirms it. WHenever I bring up the limitations of DCL in his thread, though, you get a lot of shouting and such. Hes a good striker but very limited to get a team around. I kept wondering why Richy was so much more effective in his national team than with us. This is the key for us to become succesful I think.

Thanks for the insight. I had my suspicions but this kind of confirms it. WHenever I bring up the limitations of DCL in his thread, though, you get a lot of shouting and such. Hes a good striker but very limited to get a team around. I kept wondering why Richy was so much more effective in his national team than with us. This is the key for us to become succesful I think.

Its all about the creativity and movement.

In the midfield 2 Brazil have Casemiro + going forward it looks like one of Douglas Luiz or Guimaraes. So thats creativity already before looking at Coutinho ahead of them...on the flanks its Antony on the right coming through and also Raphinha there...Rodrygo and Vininicus make up the other 2 roles in the squad.

Up top Richarlison, Cunha or Barbosa are competing to start.

Thats before we get onto the full backs with Lodi and Emerson happy to charge forward from.deep knowing they have Casemiro and Luiz to cover them.

Youth, desire, creativity, movement and pace all combine in Brazils line ups focused on a straightforward tactical plan.

Put simply, if we had a deep playmaker + an attacking playmaker then we would be able to control the tempo and the game far more than we do now...

Its all about the creativity and movement.

In the midfield 2 Brazil have Casemiro + going forward it looks like one of Douglas Luiz or Guimaraes. So thats creativity already before looking at Coutinho ahead of them...on the flanks its Antony on the right coming through and also Raphinha there...Rodrygo and Vininicus make up the other 2 roles in the squad.

Up top Richarlison, Cunha or Barbosa are competing to start.

Thats before we get onto the full backs with Lodi and Emerson happy to charge forward from.deep knowing they have Casemiro and Luiz to cover them.

Youth, desire, creativity, movement and pace all combine in Brazils line ups focused on a straightforward tactical plan.

Put simply, if we had a deep playmaker + an attacking playmaker then we would be able to control the tempo and the game far more than we do now...
I reckon that Neymar might get a game sometimes as well ?

Status
Not open for further replies.