2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure about that, considering DCL has probably missed 10 one on ones in the last 2 years.
Richarlison misses a decent chance most games. Just going off the last two games as they are fresh on my mind he hit one miles over the bar against Brentford from about 6 yards out and although he did well for his chance in the first half last night he screwed it wide when he really should have been hitting the target.

Not knocking him either really, strikers miss chances, all of them do but I do find it odd that the focus is always on DCL missing chances and not both of them (or indeed everyone at the club really).

Unless you’re dominant in midfield you can’t really get away with richarlison as the centre forward- nothing sticks and you can’t smash it up to him to relieve the pressure. Not his fault but a fact of life with our current midfield and defence

Even if he leaves - think about it this way - we'll get 80 if not 100m for him. He made the club 30 to 50m which will go towards transfer fees and paying off the stadium.

Unless steve Walsh gets the DOF job at PSG… nobody is paying 100m for Richy … nobody

Pepe went for 72. Grealish who ok isn’t a forward and a different type of player, but at villa he did play a lot off the left of a front 3. And would average 5/6 goals and assists most seasons.
Palace wanted 70 for Zaha who only once I think has over 10 league goals.

Saint maximum was great last night, but look at his numbers. He doesn’t score or Assist loads. Villa paid 40 for Beundia, I think he has 2 goals and maybe 1 assist.

Spurs paid 55/60 for Lo Celso

I think we will get between 60 and 70, he 24 and already has over 30 caps for Brazil.

But nobody actually paid palace for zaha did they … not even us and that’s saying something … even we wernt daft enough to pay it .

Girlish was the star man at villa and his stock was very high

Pepe was just an insane buy and is the exception to the rule

Richarlison misses a decent chance most games. Just going off the last two games as they are fresh on my mind he hit one miles over the bar against Brentford from about 6 yards out and although he did well for his chance in the first half last night he screwed it wide when he really should have been hitting the target.

Not knocking him either really, strikers miss chances, all of them do but I do find it odd that the focus is always on DCL missing chances and not both of them (or indeed everyone at the club really).
Probably because DCL offers nothing outside the box unlike Richarlison.
And last nights chance was hardly the same as being 8 yards out with only the keeper to beat.

Also I definitely don’t remember him missing from 6 yards v Brentford

But nobody actually paid palace for zaha did they … not even us and that’s saying something … even we wernt daft enough to pay it .

Girlish was the star man at villa and his stock was very high

Pepe was just an insane buy and is the exception to the rule
But imo more bigger and better clubs will be in for Richarlison, unlike Zaha which was basically us and at the time an average Arsenal team.

And that does effect the price, saying villa had agreed to let Grealish go last summer. And it was spurs after him, then it wouldn’t have been 100mil.

Maybe DCL will be the player to go this summer, as Arsenal are obviously interested, maybe Man Utd as well. With old strikers, martial out of favour and the greenwood situation . Maybe we can can’t an extra 10mil out of Utd.

I have a lot of time for Richarlison he is a starter when everyone is fit.
He needs to get back onside quicker, I’ve lost count of the amount of times he’s offside and stops the team’s momentum. He was lost again last night as he so often is when playing as centre forward and for some reason he and Gray won’t pass to each other either which isn’t helping the team.
To get the best out of him he should be on the left and that’s it.

Probably because DCL offers nothing outside the box unlike Richarlison.
And last nights chance was hardly the same as being 8 yards out with only the keeper to beat.

Also I definitely don’t remember him missing from 6 yards v Brentford
Ball lofted over the top, he performed a kind of sliding volley (if that makes sense) and hoofed it over the bar.

Last nights chance was exactly the same as missing from 8 yards out with only the keeper to beat as that's exactly what it was! We don't get many chances, we need to hit the target when they do come.

Both of them are far down the list of problems we have though.

I have a lot of time for Richarlison he is a starter when everyone is fit.
He needs to get back onside quicker, I’ve lost count of the amount of times he’s offside and stops the team’s momentum. He was lost again last night as he so often is when playing as centre forward and for some reason he and Gray won’t pass to each other either which isn’t helping the team.
To get the best out of him he should be on the left and that’s it.

Amazing how many on here i had this conversation with about his position. And how many confuse him playing international football. Hell of a difference playing for brazil and playing for Everton as a central striker. He cant play down the middle for Everton.

Amazing how many on here i had this conversation with about his position. And how many confuse him playing international football. Hell of a difference playing for brazil and playing for Everton as a central striker. He cant play down the middle for Everton.
He doesn’t have any of the physical attributes, he’s not tall (although has excellent heading ability), he’s not quick and he’s not bulky in muscle compared to the giant grocks pretty much every premier league team has at cb now.

Ball lofted over the top, he performed a kind of sliding volley (if that makes sense) and hoofed it over the bar.

Last nights chance was exactly the same as missing from 8 yards out with only the keeper to beat as that's exactly what it was! We don't get many chances, we need to hit the target when they do come.

Both of them are far down the list of problems we have though.
Yes he should have hit the target, but you are just showing bias to one player by saying a shot from the angle of the penalty box, is the same as clean through in the centre of the goal 10 yards out. That’s ridiculous

Yes he should have hit the target, but you are just showing bias to one player by saying a shot from the angle of the penalty box, is the same as clean through in the centre of the goal 10 yards out. That’s ridiculous
I am not showing bias to any player! Quite the opposite in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.