2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe I just heard he scored less goals last season than Cornet at Burnley, and Dennis at Watford. Two relegated teams worse than us. People really expected more than £60m with those stats.

I think Pickford is our best player btw !.
Tend to agree with a few on here, Richarlison came good in the second half of the season , there were a heck of a lot of bang average performances previous.
I wish him well , he certainly played a big part in us avoiding the drop, but I think there are players who can a job for us and link up with DCL a little bit better.

Why are the BBC saying we've sold richarlison for 50m, and then in the next sentence saying that we signed him from Watford for 50m in 2018?

The media are obsessed with our spending, and literally manipulating figures (total vs up front etc.) to make it look worse. They never refer to the RS purchases as total fees, but they do so when they sell players.
You're surely not insinuating that there's some media bias towards Liverpool are you!? That's preposterous. Anyway on an unrelated note I envy their business, didn't you hear they bought the most expensive goalkeeper in the world, most expensive defender and a £100m striker all for free because they sold Coutinho about 24 years ago, meanwhile you've got City paying £3.6b on Haaland as a total package because after all the City owners had to buy City in the first place and then the entirety of their squad, stadium and infrastructure over the last decade to be in a position to buy Haaland in the first place, of course it's included in the price of Haaland, logically.

Then there's us, in fairness we can't complain we've already spent £40m on Dele, then went on to sell Richarlison at a loss and genuinely have no money at all, which obviously has nothing to do with the fact that rules are specifically in place to stop us spending on the same level of other teams who've had massive head starts due to historical preference from the governing bodies. Don't mind what the facts say this is what the media say and they'd never lie to me.

Reactions: Ivo

Status
Not open for further replies.