Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue for me is the players have to take teh blame as well

Pienaar
Howard
Osman
Gibson all leaving, no contracts offered

Lukaku
Stones
Mirrallas all planning their new move next season

Baines
Jags
Barry all past their best

The team is broke. No wonder Martinez lost the dressing room

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "It was a disaster. A horrible showing that started with the best intentions but ended up with the inability to get the basics right. We forgot to defend the box and gave them a soft two-goal lead. We got emotional with the red card and from then on Gareth Barry was injured and John Stones was ill, it was a chain reaction. A disaster. An impossible experience.

"It is a challenge [Funes Mori] that he should avoid. He got carreid away with the emotion of a derby, he got carried away. Probably a red card, I can understand it or maybe a yellow. The top and bottom is that we didn't cope with the emotions of the occasion. A feeling of embarrassment.

"It is a huge game for us on Saturday in the FA Cup which is the only good thing. We will be hurting for a long, long time but we need to react quickly for the game on Saturday. We are strong enough to react but we are short at centre-back now."

Everton manager Roberto Martinez: "It was a disaster. A horrible showing that started with the best intentions but ended up with the inability to get the basics right. We forgot to defend the box and gave them a soft two-goal lead. We got emotional with the red card and from then on Gareth Barry was injured and John Stones was ill, it was a chain reaction. A disaster. An impossible experience.

"It is a challenge [Funes Mori] that he should avoid. He got carreid away with the emotion of a derby, he got carried away. Probably a red card, I can understand it or maybe a yellow. The top and bottom is that we didn't cope with the emotions of the occasion. A feeling of embarrassment.

"It is a huge game for us on Saturday in the FA Cup which is the only good thing. We will be hurting for a long, long time but we need to react quickly for the game on Saturday. We are strong enough to react but we are short at centre-back now."

That tells you he's not going anywere

"It is a huge game for us on Saturday in the FA Cup which is the only good thing. We will be hurting for a long, long time but we need to react quickly for the game on Saturday. We are strong enough to react but we are short at centre-back now

They played with emotion? None that I saw, unless he means apathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back