Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez Discussion - Including Live Poll (Poll Reset 1st May)

Martinez in or out?

• In

• Out

• Getting splinters eating cheese on toast on the fence

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he had handed his notice in after the Derby, this would ring true.

But he wanted his shot at glory - fair enough, selfish like but understandable - so he stayed on. In the interim talking about being judged on three years and not the horror show he was overseeing.

Got beat in the semi. First half utter joke. Resigns? Nah, you'll have to sack me lads. £2m to go.

Honest to God some of you are getting utterly suckered in by his sad little kicked puppy face on TV. Go off and watch him windmilling like a meff to Jason Derulo or mocking young Everton fans at an under 21 game to see the man in his real, not stage managed best
I'm with you on this Orly. I see Martinez as a scheming, conniving narcissistic rat: a chancer who's bullshitted his way into positions waaaay above his abilities . He's done massive damage to Everton- he's wigatoned us well and truly.

If this doesn't look like a manager who has lost his squad and needs sacking, I don't know what does. He needs sacking before the weekend. I'd imagine a part of him (and not just the financial part) will be relieved when it happens.

I won't be celebrating when Martinez goes, because we'll be left with the hierarchy that allowed this drama to drag on for so long left in place.

I think it's a huge shame that it has ended like this. Martinez is a decent man, he was a breathe of fresh air in his first season, his handling of the Stones affair at the start of this season showed how he would stand up for Everton against Champions Chelsea no less, and the football early in the season got me excited for our future. Unfortunately, it became apparent that he was too limited for this job and it has just got worse from there.

I lay the blame for this situation squarely at the door of the board. They offered him the ridiculous contract extension after one good season, meaning only an idiot would walk away from such a deal. They should have shown the leadership to part ways with Roberto months ago, to get us back performing and eliminate the soap opera and personal attacks that this had descended in to.

The geordies down and another nail in Martinez's coffin.Tonight was a case of small mercies if ever there was one.These past few months have pretty much resembled the days of Mike Walker.Oh well hopefully there will be an announcement before the last game of the season.The club owe it to Martinez to put him in a position where he can leave this club and finish that final game at Goodison with at least a shred of his dignity left.

Because he is a nice fella.

He has genuinely tried to turn it around and failed. I feel slightly sorry because it just gets worse and worse and nothing is done about it to put him out his misery. He isn't going to walk out on a job because it shows lack of character. I know money might be a factor as well but it doesn't look good for future employers if he bottled a tough run.
It'll look a lot worse now. 'Cutting your losses' is the phrase that springs to mind. He should've walked after the derby. That was no 'bad day at the office', it was indescribable. He's since compounded it with equally woeful performances, with a win at Bournemouth raising eyebrows in surprise that we actually won a game. That's how bad it's got.

He will genuinely struggle to get another PL gig again. Had he walked after the derby, he might have salvaged a shred of credibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back