Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all hurting and feeling low.

However, there is little point in him staying now to manage the rest of the campaign, he has made a complete bollocks of it so far, though tonight I feel more robbed than anything else.

It's all fine margins.

Coleman scores sunday and we arent as pi%%ed off, Del scores at the start of the second half etc etc...however, his record of winning football matches which he claims to be his philosophy just got even worst.

My pick is Lucien Favre. If not, then give it to Duncan and wait till the summer. And if he's good enough - give the job to him. Our best managers came from inside the club.
No, no, no please let's not go down the route of giving the managers job to Duncan Ferguson just because he got a tattoo and had a few punch ups in the name of the club. He's got absolutely no experience in setting up teams or making tactical changes, in fact he's only been a coach for about 18 months hasn't he.

We are all hurting and feeling low.

However, there is little point in him staying now to manage the rest of the campaign, he has made a complete bollocks of it so far, though tonight I feel more robbed than anything else.

It's all fine margins.

Coleman scores sunday and we arent as pi%%ed off, Del scores at the start of the second half etc etc...however, his record of winning football matches which he claims to be his philosophy just got even worst.
Yeah, and this is true of most of our recent woes...that said it keeps happening. He's either the unluckiest manager ever...or there is a deep, deep flaw here.

I have supported Martinez from the start but I'm struggling now. I feel he has gone too soft in his transfers (with the exception of Besic) and there are no real leaders on the pitch. The team goes down a goal and the heads drop. There is t a player yelling at his teammates and trying to pull them forward. That comes down to Martinez and his whole "non criticizing" style of management. Plus all the other decisions like subs and tactics. Unfortunately, I've lost faith.

My pick is Lucien Favre. If not, then give it to Duncan and wait till the summer. And if he's good enough - give the job to him. Our best managers came from inside the club.

Christ, I'd rather keep Martinez than appoint Duncan. Being hard doesn't make you a good manager - sadly!

Cowedless display in the second half.

Atkinson was appaling but we could have played for the next 21 years and not had a single attempt

Can't think of one good reason to keep Martinez any more

Should be sacked for keeping Cleverly on alone.

His last ten minutes there was an absolute disgrace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back