Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate, I meant what manager can we attract. I should of been more clearer.
Lets give the current manager a chance will ya.

He's had to stand by and be outbid by the likes of Stoke & WestHam .

Looks like the landscape is about to change dramatically.

Let him secure his target,s then if it fails, I for one will agree he should be replaced.

Until then let him have a proper crack until that day comes.

Why would we want a new manager?? This one is just getting all the pieces into place, why rip it up and start again?

That would be madness.

I hope you are right but I'm still slightly tilted towards the Martinez out side of the fence. Its hard to argue when recent results are good but I said I'd give him this season to figure what season was the fluke season, season 1 or 2. We are finding ourselves in the same position as the latter and until recently results have been terrible.. I'm not basing my decision over possible things that could happen in the future, I did that last season and it's still the same. But I know this argument sounds out of place on current form. And I hope the argument looks even more daft tomorrow. But Its how I feel right now, just about.

@blulouie same for you, good results lately and Howard being dropped almost gets me back on the fence. Nit dropping Howard was the final straw for me, I was on the fence till it was getting ridiculous.

I hope you are right but I'm still slightly tilted towards the Martinez out side of the fence. Its hard to argue when recent results are good but I said I'd give him this season to figure what season was the fluke season, season 1 or 2. We are finding ourselves in the same position as the latter and until recently results have been terrible.. I'm not basing my decision over possible things that could happen in the future, I did that last season and it's still the same. But I know this argument sounds out of place on current form. And I hope the argument looks even more daft tomorrow. But Its how I feel right now, just about.

The performances this season though compared to last is like night and day, just badly let down by the keeper which is on him tbf but now thats sorted its reflected in the results

The performances this season though compared to last is like night and day, just badly let down by the keeper which is on him tbf but now thats sorted its reflected in the results

True on the Howard thing, it did tip me over the edge. It took him forever till it was getting a bit crazy. He dropped him in the end but is that how it's going to be with all decisions like that? He takes ages with the subs now also. I miss the 1ST season Martinez he made instant bold changes that came off. Performances I was liking the performances but after a while it just becomes more annoying than the crap football when there is no results and then makes me wonder isn't a win the right/good performance and nothing else. I get much more entertained by a 1 nill win, than a 3-3 draw. And consider the former a great performance.

True on the Howard thing, it did tip me over the edge. It took him forever till it was getting a bit crazy. He dropped him in the end but is that how it's going to be with all decisions like that? He takes ages with the subs now also. I miss the 1ST season Martinez he made instant bold changes that came off. Performances I was liking the performances but after a while it just becomes more annoying than the crap football when there is no results and then makes me wonder isn't a win the right/good performance and nothing else. I get much more entertained by a 1 nill win, than a 3-3 draw. And consider the former a great performance.

Yes first season and second season was like chalk and cheese, this season is a bit of an improvement but still leaves a lot to be desired.

On the subject of play and subbing, does seem to be dithering rather a lot unlike that first season. I wonder if he has developed into being too much of a cautious mind.

In some ways fits in with that table just posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back