Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Roberto Martinez discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree that being in the EL doesn't make us attractive to players, but saying there's no money in it is just daft.
We'll have got about 3 million Euros in prize money or about 2.2 million pounds

Gate revenue for 5 matches at say an average of £25 with a gate of 20,000 would be something like 2.5 million ( not sure if we keep all that or not to be fair )

So something between 4.5 and 5 million pounds by my reckoning . If that's right it's the equivalent of finishing 7th instead of 11th
That's exactly correct.

As pointed out in the thread below, our European adventure covered our loss in league positions this season. Not to mention that travel is life's greatest education...

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/£80m-el-money-for-2014-15-so-£85m.76381/

I'd agree that being in the EL doesn't make us attractive to players, but saying there's no money in it is just daft.

Gate revenue for 5 matches at say an average of £25 with a gate of 20,000 would be something like 2.5 million ( not sure if we keep all that or not to be fair )

So something between 4.5 and 5 million pounds by my reckoning . If that's right it's the equivalent of finishing 7th instead of 11th
I was talking in relative terms and all those miserable Saturday's this year were not worth the 2 Wolfsburg games, the only 2 decent teams we faced.

Not a great attitude to have toward an Everton manager really, and it sort of casts doubt on your hope he'll kick on again.

Cast as much doubt as you wish Dave, but are you also saying that when you realised Moyes was unable to take us further you didn't criticise him?
RM has been absolute toilet for over twelve month's now with little sign of change. I do hope you're right because it's looking unlikely he'll be replaced soon.

I support Everton, not Martinez, and I don't think he's a capable manager, nor showing any signs of improvement for the future.

I was talking in relative terms and all those miserable Saturday's this year were not worth the 2 Wolfsburg games, the only 2 decent teams we faced.

My apologies, I missed the word "relative" in your post. Oh, hang on, that's because it wasn't there.

I disagree anyway, the only way to learn is to take part and having been lucky enough to get to Lille, Wolfsburg and Berne and see so many Blues following us on the road shows the passion for the club that still exists.

Lots of our matches were poor, I'd grant you that, but even though our drawer in Lille was a dire game looking round that stadium at so many Blues was a bit special.

On that logic: last season is ancient history too. So why go on about that?
Seeing as we haven't played one game of the new season, last season is season we must make reference to.

All I've ever seen you do is use one season out of his entire Premier League career when he managed to get into the top half.

We lost around 12m with our league placing and "made" around 6m from Europa.

We lost big money cos our manager cant pick football teams.

I disagree anyway, the only way to learn is to take part and having been lucky enough to get to Lille, Wolfsburg and Berne and see so many Blues following us on the road shows the passion for the club that still exists.

Lots of our matches were poor, I'd grant you that, but even though our drawer in Lille was a dire game looking round that stadium at so many Blues was a bit special
I think some blues forget that while we all want to win games and silverware, there is a lot more to being an Evertonian that we can enjoy and experience.

It's what makes supporting our club so special.

Cast as much doubt as you wish Dave, but are you also saying that when you realised Moyes was unable to take us further you didn't criticise him?
RM has been absolute toilet for over twelve month's now with little sign of change. I do hope you're right because it's looking unlikely he'll be replaced soon.

I support Everton, not Martinez, and I don't think he's a capable manager, nor showing any signs of improvement for the future.

His hypocrisy is hilarious. He called Moyes a 'daft tvvat' during his tenure more times than i can remember.

His hypocrisy is hilarious. He called Moyes a 'daft tvvat' during his tenure more times than i can remember.
I know Brenna's, at least we know, when the probable outcome occurs, he'll find some semantic way of living with his former position when the vaults open and threaten to engulf
him ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back