Roberto Martinez Shenanigans: All Reaction Here

How do you feel about the Roberto Martinez hiring?

• Great hire. He'll do better than Moyes.

Votes: 65 18.4%
  • Good hire. There were better available.

Votes: 116 32.9%
  • Meh

Votes: 59 16.7%
  • Wasn't the worst. Wasn't the best.

Votes: 96 27.2%
  • We're getting relegated.

Votes: 17 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most pro-Moyes posters will be inclined to be sceptical, naturally. I can't speak for everyone who wanted Moyes to stay, but they thought Moyes, above all, was the right man for the job. He fitted us like a glove. He's turned us into a top team on a shoe-string and has left to take the biggest job in football replaced by a young manager who is really quite unproven despite his FA cup win.

Martinez has never had a job remotely like this and we have no idea how he'll do, let's face it. He'll be under more pressure here than in either of his previous jobs and he will take more stick for his shortcomings than at Wigan where he had the mitigating factors of having a sh*t budget as well as a sh*t side. We need this appointment to work. I see this as much more of a gamble than the other candidates.

I'm a fan of both

I'm genuinely excited by Martinez joining (if true). Shake things up a bit, see what happens.

Really rated Moyes and did so much for the club, but give Roberto time and I expect him to guide us to great things.

what do you reckon he prefers

roberto? rob? mr martinez? Martino? robertino? Roberto carlos? Mr Robert?

I don't know what to rename this thread to any more....

Whelen Wars: The Phantom Compo Menace

Whelen is playing a dangerous game with all these public outbursts and potential lies.

He is a willy old toad, however, as much as I have against BK, he is a master of the public relation dark arts. Bill keeping pretty quiet and letting the club deny things has left the broken legged one to talk himself in a corner.

I (like most of you) was a member of team Pereira. When Martinez joins I couldn't care less about Pereira. Martinez will have 100% of my support then.

But if he in some way let us down then team Pereira will be back on.

Stinks to high heaven of a easy appointment, someone who's a safe option, won't criticize the board and will join bill waxing lyrical about plucky little everton.

Knowing the board it was probably their number one criteria.

Zero ambition, happy to float mid table.

Stinks to high heaven of a easy appointment, someone who's a safe option, won't criticize the board and will join bill waxing lyrical about plucky little everton.

Knowing the board it was probably their number one criteria.

Zero ambition, happy to float mid table.

Like Moyes then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back