Robson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great Dane

Player Valuation: £15m
How about Bryan Robson as Moyes' assistant?

Now before everyone bites my head off think about it. Robson has loads of experience in Europe, knows how to play attacking football (Moyes is defensively good) and still has a name in Europe that could attract great players. Basically IMO he would compliment Moyes very well. Moyes is good at man management and is good at getting the defense sorted, combine this with Robson's ability to play good attacking football then I don't think that this is such a bad idea.

I'll admit that I have always liked Robson as a player, miles better in all areas than self-styled England saviour Gerrard.

How about Bryan Robson as Moyes' assistant?

Now before everyone bites my head off think about it. Robson has loads of experience in Europe, knows how to play attacking football (Moyes is defensively good) and still has a name in Europe that could attract great players. Basically IMO he would compliment Moyes very well. Moyes is good at man management and is good at getting the defense sorted, combine this with Robson's ability to play good attacking football then I don't think that this is such a bad idea.

I'll admit that I have always liked Robson as a player, miles better in all areas than self-styled England saviour Gerrard.

Sorry GD by no means one of your better suggestions pal, I wouldn't let him be the Toffee lady, he'd make a mess of it, notice he was never wanted at OT. If he's not good enough for them.......................

No chance, the geordie pleb still exsists in football only for his past achievements as a player, the world and his dog are beginning to realise that reputations count for sod all especially where he's involved.

Last edited:

Just knew that I would get a lot of fans for suggesting this :P

THe football that Boro played under Robson was great to watch, their defense was just [Poor language removed] - something that will not happen under Moyes.

Lets face it, we're ill equipped to judge an assistant manager because pretty much all the work they do is out of the public eye. I'm sure Moyes will get who he wants though.

Just as long as it's not a ' Yes Man ' We need fresh ideas and someone with his own opinion on first team matters. If we get this, and DM is prepared to listen and take on board any fresh input then the club as a whole can only benefit from such a brave appointment.

Lets face it, we're ill equipped to judge an assistant manager because pretty much all the work they do is out of the public eye. I'm sure Moyes will get who he wants though.

You're right Bruce and someone who is a good assistent is not necessary a good manager. But since everyone agrees that Robson is not a good manager maybe the assistant role is more suited to him.

Just knew that I would get a lot of fans for suggesting this :P

THe football that Boro played under Robson was great to watch, their defense was just [Poor language removed] - something that will not happen under Moyes.

That's because he's a cheque book manager, similar to O'Leary, they buy very good players but unlike our own manager, they can't coach a player to become a better player, or fit a player into a system or team structure.

That's because he's a cheque book manager, similar to O'Leary, they buy very good players but unlike our own manager, they can't coach a player to become a better player, or fit a player into a system or team structure.
These are the type of players that we'll have to start investing in if we're to make the next step forward.

Robson - good at identifying very good and expensive players
Moyes - good at identifying bargains and hungry players

Sounds good to me:)

These are the type of players that we'll have to start investing in if we're to make the next step forward.

Robson - good at identifying very good and expensive players
Moyes - good at identifying bargains and hungry players

Sounds good to me:)

Nah, not for me thanks, we'd be better off with a better continental scouting system.Anyone can identify a good expensive player, it's unearthing true ability that's an art.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back