Rollarcoaster:Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbal Kint

Player Valuation: £35m
Morning after another terrible draw, seems strange typing that giving we have just drawn away to the league champions and got a midweek point at the home of league contenders. I really feel this season to be among the most frustrating seasons so far since I started supporting Everton 30 odd years ago, what makes it all the more strange is our league position just doesn't make sense. You will see why when I give my player ratings for the season so far.

Howard: 5/10. Is it just too easy to blame him for everything that goes wrong, he has had good games Spurs away and City stand out, but the howlers have been horrific and cost us dear.Think he has overspend his welcome and unless he keeps 16 clean sheets in a row I don't think fans opinions will change on him.

Coleman: 6/10
Average enough season so far from Seamus, seems to have lost a step and never fully recovered from the hamstring injury he suffered last season. 2 years ago he was rated at £20m very hard to reach those heights again.

Funes Mori:7/10 Has been good for his first season, can definitely improve, has been quilty of a couple of rash tackles but that comes with the territory. Seems really committed to the Jersey and can see him becoming a real fan favorite.

John Stones:7/10.The great white hope of English defending, at times he has been sublime Swansea away 2nd half was as good an individual performance I've ever seen on a football pitch, he gives the impression that he seems bored at times and it's all too easy. He gets away with things that no other top manager would let him do, it's a hard one, I almost feel stupid giving him stick but when Coleman comes back he might benefit from a game or two on th bench.

Jagielka: 7/10. Been injured for most of the season. On occasion he has been fit he has played good games, he is probably our most reliable defender and we really need him to have a good second half to the season.

Galloway: 7/10 Been excellent for someone so young, has had tough games and towards the end teams seemed to target him. Has a huge future at Everton. Best compliment I could pay him is I think he was really unfortunate to be dropped straight away for Baines.

Leighton Baines: 6/10 Been so unfortunate to miss so long this year with the World Cup on the horizon, have really missed his set pieces.Getting better with each game.

Garth Barry 8.5/10. This rating is probably head scratching to some, how can a defensive midfielder with our defensive record get a rating like this. I think Barry has been outstanding, apart from letting Scott Dann get a free run at goal he has been busy putting fires out all over the place, last year he bore the brunt of the fans frustrations , but I really believe that was down to him being overused and his form suffered. Tends to run out of steam in the last 10 mins of games but he never goes hiding, always collects the ball and his distribution is first class. Has really been a fantastic servant for Martinez.

James McCarthy 6.5/10. Injuries have played a part in his low grading but his performances just haven't been good enough either, our bad run of poor results started when he left the field against Bournemouth at 2-0 up so that bought him some grace amongst some, he just hasn't pushed on the way I thought he would, doesn't score enough goals for me. Think he is good but I think he should be much better.

Mo Besic:7/10 Rating is low because he has spent so long out but he has been a breath of fresh air, offers a real snide element to our play that I wish McCarthy would at times. A real fans favorite but be prepared to see him back on the bench when McCarthy returns.

Tom Cleverly:7/10 A great pickup, Martinez knew him from his Wigan days and it's easy to see why Fergie rated him so highly, doesn't do the fancy things and will never be a top top player but he does the little things well. His versatility is crucial going forward can play central, out wide and even filled in at right back.

Gerard Deulefeou: 8/10 Been outstanding on his return, better than I expected, some of his assists have been brilliant and his relationship with Lukaku has been splendid.Decision making lets him down often but his work rate has been really impressive, looks like he will only get better.

Ross Barkley 8/10 what an outstanding talent, can't understand how he gets so much stick, always an option on the ball and has added goals to his games this year, sky is the limit for this lad.

Kevin Mirallas:6/10: showed glimpses of what he is capable of yesterday, must be something going on behind the scenes with Martinez, his attitude might be the reason. But hopefully he gets a run now.

Aruna Kone 7/10: Had a spell of games during October early November where he looked his Neymar, unfortunately it didn't last, seemed to have an excellent partnership with Lukaku, his long lay off has made his Everton career very much stop start stop stop. Need to improve on him going forward.

Lukaku: 9/10 Has been ever present, top goal scorer in the league, dread to think were we would be without his goals. Has taking his performances to a brand new level, if I could be critical I really wish he took a higher percentage of his chances Norwich away springs to mind. Sky is the limit for this lad hope we see him in our jersey for a couple more seasons. Really wish he'd muzzle his agent too.

Darron Gibson: Not even going to rate him, really like Gibson but just not as much as Barry/Besic/McCarthy or indeed Cleverly. No doubting his ability but injuries ruin him., a shame really because he is a player who has experience of winning trophies, something we really lack at present. Time to move on.

Steven Naismith.7/10 Hard to dislike him giving his community work, he has been frozen out with injuries but I would never doubt his work ethic. He also has something that no one else has in the squad and that's the ability to get into the referees ear, if he has been on yesterday I can safely say he would have been hassling Mike Jones to blow his whistle.

McGeady: Get rid

Osman:7/10 bit part player now, his experience and the fact that he seems to be a great laugh are the only reasons he seems to be still involved. But he has experience of winning nowt so he is another that I wouldn't mind leaving.

Hibbert: 10/10 Really kudos much go to this one club legend, name me a professional footballer that continues to play at the top level for so long without actually playing.

Joel Robles: He must be absolutely horrific at training if he can't get a game ahead of Howard. Has done really well in his cup appearances. Until he gets a run of 10 or so games we can't judge him. He must be so frustrated watching Howard keep getting a game.

Roberto Martinez: if you asked me after 65 mins yesterday I would have rated him 10/10 if you asked me after 70 I would have said 0/10. The thing is o don't know how to rate him, he has a wonderful philosophy and the players seem to enjoy really playing for him. The football has been breathtaking at times this year and he clearly has a long term vision regarding our young players. We go to the likes of Old Trafford, Stamford bridge etc expecting to win, we never experienced that under Moyes. It's baffling how he continues to play Howard and seems to disregard set pieces. His attitude and things he says are like us at the minute inconsistent. I really want to give him a chance but part of me is saying he is genius and Bluffer all rolled into one.

Sorry for the long thread and I am prepared for abuse and I'm not reading that etc etc. The overriding feeling amongst us is this season is a wasted opportunity, at the end of the month we could be in a league cup final and things could look much better, things could also be a lot worse. Everton 2015/16 a rollercoaster.

We are not far away

In fairness I did try to justify his lower rating because he has been out so long. If I could give a 10 I would but I'm merely trying to be an expert. Trying the key word
do.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.