Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.football365.com/news/romelu-lukaku-the-ridiculous-statistics

Lukaku goal record vs Premier League strikers since 2012/13 (games in brackets)
Sergio Aguero – 71 (107)
Romelu Lukaku – 60 (130)
Luis Suarez – 54 (66)
Olivier Giroud – 53 (126)
Christian Benteke – 49 (113)
Wayne Rooney – 48 (111)
Robin van Persie – 48 (86)
Yaya Toure – 42 (121)
Harry Kane – 41 (74)
Daniel Sturridge – 38 (61)
Wilfried Bony – 31 (81)
Diego Costa – 31 (50)
Theo Walcott – 28 (81)

Pretty good stats but, against the top players?
If Rom wants to move onto the next level, he needs to put a shift in like those 2 (and others) do, don't you think?

Pretty good stats but, against the top players?
If Rom wants to move onto the next level, he needs to put a shift in like those 2 (and others) do, don't you think?
I agree.

Doesn't detract from the fact that he is by far the most prolific striker that we have had since the eighties though.

I agree.

Doesn't detract from the fact that he is by far the most prolific striker that we have had since the eighties though.

Totally agree, just wish he'd pipe down and get on with playing for us, instead of him always alluding to where he's next 'good' enough to be at.
It does wind me up a bit when quotes like "not ready for Juve yet" etc appear, because I think why would you want to move to an inferior league. Which is why his agent moved Pogba back over here?
Anyway, agree with you mate, just think he needs to put a bit of extra effort in really.

the complaints of his "attitude" and work rate skirt some dangerous territory. the idea that he is overrated is absurd.

I'm completely fine with what he said. it's honest and I appreciate that. If you can't understand his position then you're delusional about where we're at. Probably a lot of cross over between the folks who hate the Esk for 'embarrassing' them over transfers they bragged about at work and those who resent Lukaku despite his 61 goals in 127 games.

People like you are happy with us being little plucky Everton. Koff will ya.

Yakubu got 25 in 82 (30.49%) in the league compared to Lukaku's 43 in 104 (41.35%). Overall Yakubu got 33 in 107 (30.84%) compared to Lukaku's 61 in 127 (48.03%).

I remember when people would complain about how lazy Yakubu was. After his first good season he then got 12 goals in 68 games (17.64%) for us, whilst after Lukaku's good first season he then got 45 in 94 (47.87%).

There seems to be a lot of deluded memories of Yakubu's time here. So not only does Lukaku's goal scoring ability put him way ahead of Yakubu even at a far younger age, Yakubu played no where near as many games due to injuries so wasn't as reliable. The 68 games mentioned above stretched over 2.5 seasons, whilst Lukaku managed 26 more games in 1/2 a season less.

I've become immune to the disrespectful comments from Lukaku now. He will be sold soon enough and hopefully we can then look to replace him with a player with similar scoring ability but has a bit more respect for our club. I'd sooner we got 2 strikers who can weigh in with goals rather than just rely on one, but finding a suitable replacement for him will be very tough given that he's one of the best goal scorers for his age in the whole of Europe and has scored consistently throughout his time in the English top league.

Yakubu got 25 in 82 (30.49%) in the league compared to Lukaku's 43 in 104 (41.35%). Overall Yakubu got 33 in 107 (30.84%) compared to Lukaku's 61 in 127 (48.03%).

I remember when people would complain about how lazy Yakubu was. After his first good season he then got 12 goals in 68 games (17.64%) for us, whilst after Lukaku's good first season he then got 45 in 94 (47.87%).

There seems to be a lot of deluded memories of Yakubu's time here. So not only does Lukaku's goal scoring ability put him way ahead of Yakubu even at a far younger age, Yakubu played no where near as many games due to injuries so wasn't as reliable. The 68 games mentioned above stretched over 2.5 seasons, whilst Lukaku managed 26 more games in 1/2 a season less.

I've become immune to the disrespectful comments from Lukaku now. He will be sold soon enough and hopefully we can then look to replace him with a player with similar scoring ability but has a bit more respect for our club. I'd sooner we got 2 strikers who can weigh in with goals rather than just rely on one, but finding a suitable replacement for him will be very tough given that he's one of the best goal scorers for his age in the whole of Europe and has scored consistently throughout his time in the English top league.

It was exactly the same with Bob Latchford! The amount of blues who used to slag him off for being lazy was baffling. The season he got then30 league goals the lad who used to sit next to me said "He would have got 40 if he wasn't such a lazy sod"? So he wants to move to a bigger club and pick up some trophies and probably another three of four million quid in the process, what a git!

I have supported Everton all my life and seen 'true blues' dump,all,over us, as have everybother supporter in the land, dont take it personally, they are all mindless slags, all of them, who couldn't take a dump unless their agent told them to clench and squeeze! If you can accept that, then things like this stop being upsetting?

Yep, get rid, I'm sick to the back teeth of him now.

Sounded like he was going to shut up and knuckle down, but as soon as the window closed he's talking like he's doing us a favour by hanging about.

oh Sy....

The lad has said nothing unexpected or even wrong. If anything it just shows how strong-handed we were with him this window (as it should be).

He's happy to stay and if he wants any chance of a big move he has to score and play for the team. Simple.

He doesn't give a frig does he, he knows from doing this before that it just causes beef with our fans, the stuff he's saying he does not have to say.

If he does not sign a new contract this is his last season, we will not allow him to get down below 2 years left on his current contract because that's when his price will start to fall and the power shifts to the player.

He's not as good as he thinks he is either, that's why the top clubs in Europe weren't arsed about him.

To be honest he could lie and say this was the best club ever and he loves the fans with all his heart.

But, you would hold it against if he left in the summer. He got asked a question, he answered it. At the end of the day he wants to win trophies and play in the Champions League, that's the type of player I want playing for Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back