Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't football manager but put him on 140k a year. Minimum release clause if a set amount of money isn't spent in summer. If I didn't see major investment in the summer I wouldn't blame the lad for leaving....

He's a top quality striker but imo has almost no captaincy traits
He definitely has captaincy traits. No one can talk about him without talking up his work ethic including Dunc. He also has the cojones to open his mouth and yell at people which we've truly not had with Jags as much as I appreciate him.

But, and it's a big but, I don't think we can appoint someone captain who has so openly talked about his future away from the club. If it were up to me I'd give it to Seamus.

I doubt offering him captaincy would override his desire for playing for an elite team or even playing in champs league.

Lets be honest, whilst im sure he appreciates many aspects of the club... he's not exactly in love with Everton.

He definitely has captaincy traits. No one can talk about him without talking up his work ethic including Dunc. He also has the cojones to open his mouth and yell at people which we've truly not had with Jags as much as I appreciate him.

But, and it's a big but, I don't think we can appoint someone captain who has so openly talked about his future away from the club. If it were up to me I'd give it to Seamus.
It'll be Morgs or Ashley next year

Mostly agreed before Christmas, but waiting to see where we finish, who we buy and if he gets any offer we'd accept from a CL side in the Summer.

...that's a lot of money for him to be losing on a week by week basis now. He could get provisions based on where the team finishes written into his contract.

If he hasn't signed by the summer it's looking likely that he'll be on his way.

I doubt offering him captaincy would override his desire for playing for an elite team or even playing in champs league.

Lets be honest, whilst im sure he appreciates many aspects of the club... he's not exactly in love with Everton.
Its only the elite that could afford him, how many of them would want him in the summer?
Abemayuang, Lewondowski and Aguero will be the most sort after strikers in the summer. He may be a replacement for one of them at there respective clubs, but i just cant see it..

...that's a lot of money for him to be losing on a week by week basis now. He could get provisions based on where the team finishes written into his contract.

If he hasn't signed by the summer it's looking likely that he'll be on his way.
It's already been said that he won't sign until the Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back