Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know why people are convinced he's off to United seeing as he wants Champions League football

The allure of United is still more than strong enough without champions league football, especially with Mourinho and his buddy Pogba being there.

Not saying I think it's nailed on but if they came in for him I'm sure he'd jump at the chance to play for them.

Jesus, relax ladies.

First of all, our ambitions will be evident in the summer. We have a lot more holes to fill FIRST. If we don't get the right deal for him, we don't sell him in the summer.

Second of all, if we do get the right offer - $85-90M for example, there will be plenty of options to replace him. With the right business, it might actually make us better.

Third of all, he wanted to move last summer, yet magically he changed his mind when no one came calling with a legit option.

Frankly, of the top 4 EPL teams, only one really needs a striker. Tottenham sure isn't going to fork over that kind of money for him with Kane already there. Is Chelsea? If Costa goes to China, Morata is the one you'd think was coming to Chelsea, not Rom. Man City maybe if they get rid of Aguero, although the guy is on 220 a week. Madrid maybe, but only if Morata moves. Liverpool? No chance.

Who else has to money to fork over $85-90M for Rom? Not many, really. And a lot would have to happen.

Who exactly could a Europa League club realistically attract though mate that's as good as Lukaku? We could have all the money in the world but all money attracts is more mercenaries. The player has to want to come for footballing reasons.

Id rather keep him in the summer and sell next summer for £30 mill. If he gets us CL then the lower fee will be bumped up by CL payments.

He must have a club to go to. It has to be the case. Replacement for Lewandowski at Bayern if he goes to Madrid has always been my concern.

Bullseye. Throw Bolasie into that too.

'sake: a chicken with no head and a CM we didn't need plus some other player and we have to let Lukaku go for that.
Oh right. So it's Everton forcing him out to recoup some money?

Well that's better than aLukaku rejection I guess.

Get on that Belgian "in the know" journo calling us out on Twitter...

Attachments

• IMG_7040.webp
    IMG_7040.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 177
He must have a club to go to. It has to be the case. Replacement for Lewandowski at Bayern if he goes to Madrid has always been my concern.
But you're saying it's Everton forcing him out. He may only just have started thinking about his next move.

No need for meltdown if you ask me. He wasn't going to stay forever, and he's not refusing to play for the club is he? (Rooney did refuse if i remember right, and many want him back). If lukaku wants a move to a bigger club he needs to keep scoring and playing well, which is positive for us too.

We will get a good price, and i believe the new owners are trying to make us successful, so we will get another striker, albeit a different one. No player is bigger than Everton, and few players that leave go on to bigger things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back