Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know much about Belotti, but I reckon Morata is the real deal.

Scoring every 88 minutes in La Liga this season, too.

It's scoring at that rate for Real Madrid mate, no chance on earth he comes anything close to that type of scoring at any other team he would go to

he's a good player (haven't ever seen Belotti play (i don't think) but he is too supposedly) but he isn't a prolific scorer in the Costa or Lukaku mould who will get you 20+ goals in this league

Yes, again, they can't do that without Lukaku working to get them involved in the attacking phase, instead of doing what he does now; which is the Premier League era version of goalhanging by constantly looking to get off the shoulder of the last man and in behind.

Think about it - how can the supporting attackers get beyond Lukaku and score goals given how Lukaku plays? It's impossible - they have to ping him balls from deep to give him the service he wants, or gamble and run beyond him but have absolutely no link to play them in if they do.

Lukaku scores the majority of our goals for a reason - because the way we play, we couldn't possibly score a goal if he didn't.
The funny thing is the past game and a half Lukaku has worked really hard to make himself available and has even been a little less selfish. I've never seen him check back and check out wide as often as he did to separate himself from defenders. I think Rom knows he needs to do these things if he goes anywhere else. If he stays, I'd like to see more of that continue.

It's scoring at that rate for Real Madrid mate, no chance on earth he comes anything close to that type of scoring at any other team he would go to

he's a good player (haven't ever seen Belotti play (i don't think) but he is too supposedly) but he isn't a prolific scorer in the Costa or Lukaku mould who will get you 20+ goals in this league
I get the argument, but I do think that there's a reason why these players find themselves playing in top sides; although it'll be interesting to see how he reacts to starting every week.

Lukaku definitely has the experience advantage over most players his own age, but then a lot of those who start every week from 16-18 tend to burn out sooner than expected.

When you think of the early bloomers, an alarming number are either on the slide or done by 30 - Fowler, Owen, Rooney, Kluivert, Torres, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Saviola - and even Messi, C. Ronaldo and Aguero have had to adjust their games due to the toll of long careers.

It doesn't often get mentioned, but I wonder if clubs take it into account.

The funny thing is the past game and a half Lukaku has worked really hard to make himself available and has even been a little less selfish. I've never seen him check back and check out wide as often as he did to separate himself from defenders. I think Rom knows he needs to do these things if he goes anywhere else. If he stays, I'd like to see more of that continue.

He threw a slide tackle near the corner flag against Watford.

It was telling that the whole ground laughed, because it was probably the first time he'd ever done it.

So yes, agree with you, not incapable, just generally unwilling because his priorities are wrong.

If he stays, in theory I'd love it due to the statement of intent it'd send about us keeping players, and like you I'd hope he'd turn a new leaf and start maturing as a footballer, but practically I'd be delighted if we mugged a team for £80m-ish.

He threw a slide tackle near the corner flag against Watford.

It was telling that the whole ground laughed, because it was probably the first time he'd ever done it.

So yes, agree with you, not incapable, just generally unwilling because his priorities are wrong.

If he stays, in theory I'd love it due to the statement of intent it'd send about us keeping players, and like you I'd hope he'd turn a new leaf and start maturing as a footballer, but practically I'd be delighted if we mugged a team for £80m-ish.
I saw that tackle and I had to rub my eyes for a second. Did I just see the behemoth make a slide challenge?

They won't buy both mate, and Conte does not play 2 up front

Where did i say they where average, both are very good players, but Belotti - so far has had 1 exceptional scoring season, he'd be moving leagues, and the question marks would be massive over him

Morata - he's playing for Madrid mate, so in reality that scoring rate is pretty crap given how good that team is compared to everyone else, his striker rate for Juve was less than 1 in 3

Yeah they would bpth be maybe 30m each cheaper than Lukaku - but with good reason, neither of them have had the scoring record of Lukaku - not by a long shot, neither has done it in this league either

In England your right Conte hasn't played 2 up front but at Juve he preferred a 3-4-1-2 .I suspect that Conte won't settle on his current formation he clearly adapted his formation to fit the players at his disposal.

Love your comment about Moratas scoring rate being crap at Real for he's second top scorer there this season only bettered by Ronaldo third is Benzema both of who have played more games than Morata.

As for Belotti he's had 2 seasons at Napoli he's played 68 times scoring 39 times at a rate of a goal every 1.74 games. Over the same period RL is better but not by that much scoring 50 in 84 games at a rate of a goal every 1.68 games

So Kane level with Rom for the golden boot with 1 game to go (plus another 13 mins in tonight game).

With Spurs playing Hull and us away to Arsenal, Kane will probably end up winning it.

It's his own fault for going on holiday two months ago. Glad he's gonna miss out to be fair will bring him back down to earth

In England your right Conte hasn't played 2 up front but at Juve he preferred a 3-4-1-2 .I suspect that Conte won't settle on his current formation he clearly adapted his formation to fit the players at his disposal.

Love your comment about Moratas scoring rate being crap at Real for he's second top scorer there this season only bettered by Ronaldo third is Benzema both of who have played more games than Morata.

As for Belotti he's had 2 seasons at Napoli he's played 68 times scoring 39 times at a rate of a goal every 1.74 games. Over the same period RL is better but not by that much scoring 50 in 84 games at a rate of a goal every 1.68 games

Belotti is at Torino. Even more impressive. He's a beast but I would expect him to stay in Italy.

It's his own fault for going on holiday two months ago. Glad he's gonna miss out to be fair will bring him back down to earth
Doesn't deserve it. Flat track bully. Plays for a team with everything geared towards him also. Heavily reliant on service he's anonymous against better opponents where he has to produce something for himself.

Nowhere near world class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back