Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to selling him then replacing him with many signings, each more depressing than the last.

Why do I even bother with football?

If you didn't you would be bored lol

Try heroine. At least heroine gives you a moment of bliss initially before the bleak existence of a life. Unless you've seen Everton in the 80s which then I guess there's not much difference.

I'm genuinely not arsed he's going, £90m is decent business and can improve the rest of the team. Only thing I'm arsed about who his replacement is gonna be - imagine it's Rooney and/or Gray. Yet I wouldn't be shocked whatsoever if that's what it turns out to be.

Hopefully it's Batman or Kelechi for £25m or so with the 2 said donkeys above staying as far away as possible.

Going to miss him though

I'll miss him for the 60% of games where he actually puts in a shift, the other 40% will make no difference.

It's going to be interesting seeing how he gets on at Chelsea, I doubt Conte will be as lenient as our managers have been when Rom begins a sulking session because things aren't going his way and stops pulling his weight

Batshuayi and £50m+ and I'd be over the moon.

I'm bored of his constant Chelsea flirting chat in the prezzers - have been for about a year

Can't blame him for wanting to further his career, we cant offer him what he wants.

Would have preferred him to move abroad, but it looks like he want's to stay in the Premier League.

Unfortunately had we strengthened properly last summer, we may have been able to show him enough ambition to stay.

He's going so just hurry it up now so we can all move on. Hopefully it's a World Record fee.

Not liking the players we keep getting linked with, maybe just paper talk and the club have lined up decent replacements.

Cannot understand this thinking though mate. I dont see a bright side.So nothing has changed in change of ownership. A non investment in the playing squad. Spend by selling. So we cant be complaining when we will be nowhere near top 6 not to mind top 4. Last summer the board told us we had now the finances to compete. Was that striaght up lies?
Was being sarcastic, nothing has changed we sold stones to buy bolasie, Lukaku doesnt want to play in our imaginary new stadium

I don't get this 'if he was staying he would have said thing'. That's not how the media circus works anymore. If we actually got him to sign a new contract we would want to make a HUGE announcement on it, roll out contract lid, invite sky sports, get RK and Mosh down there have Bill write a play about how boss Rom is etc. he wouldn't be allowed to just say he's staying in some jarg Belgium interview...

Not that I think he will stay, just making a point there.

Just listened to his interview. His exact words were "I know where i want to go". Not something like "i know what i want to do". He is gone or at least wants to go.

I recall saying a few years ago that we need to sign more Belgians... to be fair, I was wrong.

When they get together with the national team, it must be an ego-fest, comparing bank balances etc. They are horrible. Look how Mirallas has piped down since he has been in and out of the squad.

On that note, avoid Batshuayi!

Iheanaho and Beite Keita would be immense. Rooney as well... just because we can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back