Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
c) Virgil Van Dijk saying that Jurgen Klopps personal involvement and persistence is what persuaded him to choose Liverpool

But he hasn't actually 'said' that. Which is the point.

If VVD had publicly said that - to a newspaper or a TV station or whatever - then yes, S'ton could complain, but Liverpool would have the ground to at least say the player wants to join.

However, VVD hasn't 'said' that officially. It's basically been put out there by L'Pool through the media in an attempt to pressure Saints.

Kind of like Chelsea did with Stones. If you remember then, we also complained.

Where have Everton said he is for sale?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapping_up

Juve never said Pogba was for sale.

Monaco never said Silva was for sale.

Most clubs don't say a player is 'for sale'.

I'd imagine Chelsea contacted Everton (either through Rom's agent or through the club communications) and enquired to Rom's availability - knowing that he will have been interested in a move (and having the public comments from the player to 'back that up').

Everton probably set their valuation (which is where Joyce's story - which is what he will have been fed from the club - of a 'world record' fee will have come from).

No I'm not

There we go then.

Now I will admit that I do not know this for fact. How could I? But I was told it, read it, and even worse totally believe it's the sort of mental thing certain people at Everton would do.

If Lukaku was being 'tapped up' right now then we would kick up a fuss about it.

There we go then.

Now I will admit that I do not know this for fact. How could I? But I was told it, read it, and even worse totally believe it's the sort of mental thing certain people at Everton would do.

If Lukaku was being 'tapped up' right now then we would kick up a fuss about it.
Where have you read this mate?

There we go then.

By 'certain clubs' Ij, I'm pretty sure it just meant we won't be selling to West Ham.

His agent confirmed this last week.

If 'certain clubs' come in for the player with a fee that matches our valuation then we will enter negotiations.

i.e. if a club wants him they have to pay what we want.
Strangely contradictory to Koeman's stance.

By 'certain clubs' Ij, I'm pretty sure it just meant we won't be selling to West Ham.

Well yeah. But that would go without saying, mainly because he wouldn't go somewhere like that anyway.

My feeling is Chelsea. It wouldn't even shock me if this was all agreed ages ago. We won't hear anything until after the internationals anyway, so this thread will just keep producing more conjecture over fact.

But if he was being 'tapped up' then we'd do what Southampton have done you'd think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back