Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, he may well have scored two more league goals in that season than than his last at monaco, however if you think he is better suited as a left winger rather than a centre forward then frankly it does not surprise me you are a Manchester United fan. Make of that what you will.

He has been a victim of the recent trend of young centre forwards being stuck out wide by managers to ill effect, or at the very least to greatly reduce their potential return. From an Everton point of view I can see sandro perhaps being another victim of such a trend.

I agree would deffo play Martial upfront. Shame hes a Utd player

Honestly, if Man U sign Morata, Chelsea are likely forced to keep Costa, we should absolutely not take a cent less than 100M. Why? Rom will be better than both next year. At some point, we have to beat these teams and that pretty much implies we need to be better SOMEWHERE on the pitch. The ST position is darn important.

We will take Rooney on our terms and sell Rom on our terms, dosent matter how big United are thats how we operate.
When they tried it on for Felliani and Baines they failed and we did them, just like we didnt let Chelsea mess us about when they wanted Stones, we then went on to mug City with the same player.
Now we have a star man and United have a player they want to shift, balls in our court

Mate unlike you I watch him regularly he struggles upfront big time and lacks so many a few things. Van Gaal moved him wide due to this, he also rarely played upfront for Monaco it was only due to injury for Berbatov he played there. He can play there but its not his position like you're making out. He's more comfortable wide and better there too.

Shane he's gonna be sold then soon as you pay 50m for peresic.

100m for Lukaku please, be boss seeing him trying to fit into a mourinho system and failing badly.

Shane he's gonna be sold then soon as you pay 50m for peresic.

100m for Lukaku please, be boss seeing him trying to fit into a mourinho system and failing badly.

Sky Italia said we've moved on from Perisic after our latest bid rejected. Think if we sign Romelu & Morata we'll move to a 442 diamond or 352 so won't be space for wingers anyway.

Sky Italia said we've moved on from Perisic after our latest bid rejected. Think if we sign Romelu & Morata we'll move to a 442 diamond or 352 so won't be space for wingers anyway.

So is that now Peresic, Griezman who've rejected you?

Seem to be struggling a bit this season to conclude deals mate.

We couldn't agree a fee for Perisic. Griezmann remained due to transfer ban.

Griezmann chose to remain mate, he had a buyout clause and there is nothing Athletico could have done to stop him leaving if the player wanted, they have just sold a player to Real Madrid for example, simple fact that United fans don't want to admit is that Griezmann turned you down.

Peresic you failed tog et because you tried to take the piss out of Inter's need to sell by a certain date to comply with FFP - and went in ridiculously low-balling and treating them like mugs, but they sold others to comply with the regs and now your club has been left you look pretty stupid in all reality, to do something like that with someone Mourinho identified months ago as a priority is absolute idiocy.

Not to mention that Mendy chose City over Untied also, Fabinho will end up joining PSG.

A LOT of your targets are going other places or choosing to stay where they are mate

Mardid are pulling your pants down over Moratta to a ridiculous extent with the fee for a backup player for them, they are trying to make you pay a shed load for Rodriguez - another cast off who Woodward will force on Mourinho - even though he is completely the wrong type of player for a Mourinho team in terms of personality, Chelsea are foisting Matic on you and upgrading on him for a much lower price, and Real MAdrid will end up getting De Gea off you as a result of your Moratta and Rodriguez deals

We couldn't agree a fee for Perisic. Griezmann remained due to transfer ban.

As for Lukaku mate, pay close to 100m and we will be laughing at the fee, most United fans I've seen describe him as a target man etc, absolutely clueless, the lad has terrible control and plays nothing like his build would suggest he would do, he's a pure finisher who struggles against packed defenses, will go down as one of your worst ever transfers if he goes for that fee :)

United entering the fray is only a good thing. Hopefully it'll start a bidding war with Cheslea. What ever happens though i want to happen sooner rather than later. we're doing so much good this trasnfer window i don't want Lukaku to make it all about him like he does. If he's going get him sold to the highest bidder and carry on rebuilding the squad and moving us forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back