Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lukaku's contract runs through the 2019 season. This "I'll listen to the new owner before I make my decision" is absolute and utter bullshit.

We own his ass through 2019 if we so choose. There is no decision for Rom to make. If he wants to go, he's going all about it the wrong way.

If I'm Everton, I call up his agent and tell him in no uncertain terms that we will NOT be selling his client for any price and if client continues to use the press to try and force a move, he'll be fined and then potentially banished to the reserves until he figures out his place. Furthermore, I'd warn his agent that if it's him advising Rom to make these noises in the press to attempt to force our hand, that we'll never deal with any of his clients again.

Make no mistake, we hold ALL of the cards here. Rom and his snidey agent hold none. Let me repeat. They hold none. They have no leverage here whatsoever.

And to make matters worse, if we choose to reduce his playing time and/or banish him to the reserves for awhile, that reduces his chances with Belgium going forward.

Now I know some of you are saying "get rid if he doesn't want to be here."

You know what? Not just no, but "hell no." He's paid great wages for a contract HE signed two years ago. He's got three years to go. I'd come out with a press release tomorrow saying Lukaku is not for sale and is an integral part of our plans for the new owner and manager. He can leave on a free at the end of his contract.
Duuuuude, can we get you in the front office of Everton??? I could totally support all of this. In any other workplace if you say the things he had said you would be in a world of hurt.

He clearly wants to leave but I think he's leaving himself a way to back down by saying he'll speak to Moshiri.

Personally, I don't think he's ever been that intent on leaving as he does like knowing he's the main man up front and does recognise he's got too much to work on to be losing playing time elsewhere...just angling for a new contract.

Lukaku's contract runs through the 2019 season. This "I'll listen to the new owner before I make my decision" is absolute and utter bullshit.

We own his ass through 2019 if we so choose. There is no decision for Rom to make. If he wants to go, he's going all about it the wrong way.

If I'm Everton, I call up his agent and tell him in no uncertain terms that we will NOT be selling his client for any price and if client continues to use the press to try and force a move, he'll be fined and then potentially banished to the reserves until he figures out his place. Furthermore, I'd warn his agent that if it's him advising Rom to make these noises in the press to attempt to force our hand, that we'll never deal with any of his clients again.

Make no mistake, we hold ALL of the cards here. Rom and his snidey agent hold none. Let me repeat. They hold none. They have no leverage here whatsoever.

And to make matters worse, if we choose to reduce his playing time and/or banish him to the reserves for awhile, that reduces his chances with Belgium going forward.

You know what? Not just no, but "hell no." He's paid great wages for a contract HE signed two years ago. He's got three years to go. I'd come out with a press release tomorrow saying Lukaku is not for sale and is an integral part of our plans for the new owner and manager. He can leave on a free at the end of his contract.
So rather than accept a wedge of 60m for him, you'd go to all that effort to prove a point?
And then who's gonna play in his place if he's in the reserves and we receive no fee for him. Your post was all mark noble and that but, not practical.

Agree with all this.

I'm getting really angry seeing lukaku in the press all the time.

So rather than accept a wedge of 60m for him, you'd go to all that effort to prove a point?
And then who's gonna play in his place if he's in the reserves and we receive no fee for him. Your post was all mark noble and that but, not practical.
They say don't let players you want good money for get into the last year of their contract as the price comes down. So, prime time to sell (if thats what we want to do) would be next summer as we'd still get top price for him. We do hold the aces for now. I'd like us to keep him for at least one more season, but he's really getting on my nerves with all this spouting off and its utter rubbish too. I think he's good, but he seems to thinks he better than what he is. So, I've got to the stage where if he goes he goes. Top price though, otherwise he's stuck with us for another year minimum. That would be a nice pipedown!!

I think he is one of the most intelligent and articulate players we have had in decades. We let him down, he didn't play well last quarter but some of your comments are really stupid.

The same person saying:

The board sucks, the manager sucks, Lukaku sucks.

Look at that statement.

When we signed Lukaku we went nuts. Why? Because he was too good for us.

Now, two years after he made the big decision to trust us and join the little club we are or were 2 years ago (or three including the loan) we have done nothing. We did not buy players to his level, we did not publish plans for future that sound appealing to a world class player (not just Lukaku, there are others in our team) so he has every right to say what he has. He has not always played amazing and in the FA CUP and of late, some of his touches have not been as good as before, but now we know, as suspected, mutiny was there in the camp.

Don't be so hard on him, it's not really his fault.

I'd take 65 million tomorrow. He will score more in a good team.

He might stay though, would love that. Depends how ambitious we are.

Slagging off Lukaku? Bad form, we have put up with this [Poor language removed] for over 20 years and he smells it after 2 years and we witchunt the hell out of him? Laughable.
Get with the programme - no respect for the club - get lost

Set a fee, and sell him for it. As good a player as he is, he never stops moaning about wanting to go elsewhere. Sell him to whoever for 65 mil. Having a guy mouthing off all the time will be rubbish for club morale and we are going to need everyone pulling in the same direction this year.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

I do understand those who rather just sell him and move him on. If we were offered 60-70M, yeah, we'd have to seriously consider it.

But it's time someone at the club puts their foot down and let him know that there will be consequences for his actions.
Agree with all as well mate .. Way to much talk here about this lad when we should all be excited about the future . I hope the new managers first action is to fine him a months wages and tell him to shut up or he will fine him another month each time he or his father opens there mouth . Bottom line though is I think this is broken now and I would sell him to the highest bidder over 65 million as for me that would be good business and give our new manager a big war chest if the other 100m is there . Rom needs to see that Everton football club is much bigger and better than he will ever be .

Agree with all as well mate .. Way to much talk here about this lad when we should all be excited about the future . I hope the new managers first action is to fine him a months wages and tell him to shut up or he will fine him another month each time he or his father opens there mouth . Bottom line though is I think this is broken now and I would sell him to the highest bidder over 65 million as for me that would be good business and give our new manager a big war chest if the other 100m is there . Rom needs to to am see that Everton football club is much bigger and better than he will ever be .

Yep he seems to have the impression the club don't deserve his talent, one word Berk.

Can we leave his arse out of this please?

I do agree with your sentiment about us taking a harder stance on this matter though

Even if we tell him to knock being a strawb on the head and still sell him would be better than what's currently happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back