Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has that knob head said now?

This was said earlier this month, you may have seen it already, it just does not feel right to me that he should be talking this way to anyone.

It is clear he views his future elsewhere not at Everton. I think he is virtually asking PSG, come and get me. It may fit in with plans as Zlatan is leaving.

“I'll go to a club that will give me the chance to be part of a great project,” Lukaku said. “I'm only 23, I still have to improve. But I want to win titles because that's what we remember at the end of a career.”

“PSG is a big club, with a magnificent project and a world-class workforce. But everything is in the hands of my agent.

“Many clubs are obviously interested in having me. I must continue to play well. If I have a good European Championships more clubs will be interested in me," he added.

"But I am still under contract with Everton. We'll see what happens.”

This was said earlier this month, you may have seen it already, it just does not feel right to me that he should be talking this way to anyone.

It is clear he views his future elsewhere not at Everton.

“I'll go to a club that will give me the chance to be part of a great project,” Lukaku said. “I'm only 23, I still have to improve. But I want to win titles because that's what we remember at the end of a career.”

“PSG is a big club, with a magnificent project and a world-class workforce. But everything is in the hands of my agent.

“Many clubs are obviously interested in having me. I must continue to play well. If I have a good European Championships more clubs will be interested in me," he added.

"But I am still under contract with Everton. We'll see what happens.”

Thats disgrace and disgusting. PSG please offer over £55m and he's yours.

If he stays: great. If we can get good money for him: great.

If he keeps on chatting about leaving: not arsed.

Sigh, come on Finners. You're in danger of becoming a Nordic version of @KUEFC09U2 .

It's not a disgrace or disgusting. It's been reported ages ago that Rom spoke to the club last summer and said he wanted to leave if we couldn't get into the top 4. He scored 18 league goals and we finished 11th, so now he is looking elsewhere.

Now, these discussion came before the new era came in, so let's see what happens. As many people have said in here, we can't lose whatever happens. The rat Riola has said much the same on Pogba's behalf this morning.

Orly I quite agree but I do not like him remarking in public which makes Everton look small and mean minded. I think no matter what is said with RK his mindset is on leaving.

Orly I quite agree but I do not like him remarking in public which makes Everton look small and mean minded. I think no matter what is said with RK his mindset is on leaving.

But it has happened with massive clubs and big name players forever and a day. Ronaldo did it at Man United. You either keep the player and get the performance out of them (even smaller clubs like Liverpool managed this with Suarez) or you sell for big money.

Not everyone, sadly, sees L4 as the pinnacle of their footballing aspirations. It sucks and for most blues strikes against something we fundamentally don't understand because, given the chance, we'd never dream of leaving. But it is what it is. The sad reality is that the players that stay at the same club for years are often (not always) playing above their level in an environment that gets the best out of them and are scared to leave or not rated as highly elsewhere.

But it has happened with massive clubs and big name players forever and a day. Ronaldo did it at Man United. You either keep the player and get the performance out of them (even smaller clubs like Liverpool managed this with Suarez) or you sell for big money.

Not everyone, sadly, sees L4 as the pinnacle of their footballing aspirations. It sucks and for most blues strikes against something we fundamentally don't understand because, given the chance, we'd never dream of leaving. But it is what it is. The sad reality is that the players that stay at the same club for years are often (not always) playing above their level in an environment that gets the best out of them and are scared to leave or not rated as highly elsewhere.

Right now it's just the media trying to keep him on the back pages as wanting a move, rehashing/printing old interviews - the GQ one will have been done well over a month ago for example, be interesting what comes out via Riaola in the coming weeks really and if their is an attitude change we will see form him, IF everton can now offer massive wages he won't want to instantly pis off the club for future deals involving him.

Funnily enough however his agent is coming out with a similar line for Pogba "He wants to be involved in the best sporting project".

While i have no doubt that Lukaku is seriously ambitious he needs to learn to hold his tongue - I reckon there is a little bellend agent behind him pulling these strings.

Sigh, come on Finners. You're in danger of becoming a Nordic version of @KUEFC09U2 .

It's not a disgrace or disgusting. It's been reported ages ago that Rom spoke to the club last summer and said he wanted to leave if we couldn't get into the top 4. He scored 18 league goals and we finished 11th, so now he is looking elsewhere.

Now, these discussion came before the new era came in, so let's see what happens. As many people have said in here, we can't lose whatever happens. The rat Riola has said much the same on Pogba's behalf this morning.
I just think he's disrespectful towards EFC.
I dont like this kind of player behaviour.

He wants to win trophies, that's the mentality I want for our players. Instead of criticising him we should be praising him and trying to convince him we can meet his wishes and win things.

Tbh mate i don't hold that against him, every player should have the similar mindset.

He just needs to learn to hold his tongue and get his beaut of an agent to stop getting in his ear... for all this talk there isn't exactly a line of people offering money at the moment for him.

He wants to win trophies, that's the mentality I want for our players. Instead of criticising him we should be praising him and trying to convince him we can meet his wishes and win things.
that is right.

But then again we have just spent 3 years trying to convince him and look where we ended up. rom did his side of the deal, we didn't keep ours, in quite spectacular fashion.

Sometimes it isn't meant to be and if we sell then we sell, let him go and replace as usual. Perfect scenario is a new contract signed but chances of that are slim at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back