Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Handing in a transfer request and shutting up is the right way to do it if an informal request to move has been turned down by the club. Stones did nothing wrong whatsoever - carried on playing like a professional, never mouthed off once.

As you say, it's the media aspect with Lukaku which is the massive difference, and all it did was harden our resolve.

We won't sell Lukaku this summer, even if a club was stupid enough to get close to the asking price. He only has one choice now - sign a new contract and shut up.
Can't argue with you here. Being upfront and asking for a move is fine, it happens. Whoring yourself about through the media like Lukaku has done through his dad is inexcusable.

I would argue that being absolutely dire in the second half of the season and looking as if you weren't arsed is hardly doing nothing wrong.

If ever there was an example of a playing leaving the correct way because they had bigger ambitions it was probably Pienaar when he went to Spurs. Ran his contract down but didn't stop trying in the meantime and didn't put the club in an awkward spot by handing in a sudden transfer request. More players should follow that example IMO. It's about time contracts in football actually meant something.
The entire squad gave up to get Bobby sacked. I'm not condoning it but to single out stones is wrong.

The entire squad gave up to get Bobby sacked. I'm not condoning it but to single out stones is wrong.

He was crap well before the run-in though, I remember being P'd off with him as far back as Christmas. Doing Cryuff turns in our box FFS and completely forgetting how to mark opposition strikers which cost us the semi-final against City and getting extremely lucky not to concede a last minute penalty against them the week before in the league when he stupidly fouled Sterling but got away with it. Lad didn't look arsed and clearly nobody was taking him to task.

He was crap well before the run-in though, I remember being P'd off with him as far back as Christmas. Doing Cryuff turns in our box FFS and completely forgetting how to mark opposition strikers which cost us the semi-final against City. Lad didn't look arsed and clearly nobody was taking him to task.
He's a luxury player. Very talented but we need a more gritty type for the level we're at. If we get top dollar for him I won't be bothered and wish him well for the way he's gone about getting a transfer.

Delighted that Rom has had yet another awful game for Belgium tonight as nobody with more than a fiver to spend will make a bid for him.
He has the ability to be a great striker, but he hasn't done anything to enhance his reputation since early March.
He needs to rescue his faltering career by pulling his tripe out for Everton next season.

Personally, I don't think Rom is going to be any better than he is now.

This was his big chance to announce himself as a potential superstar and he blew it big time.

He looked every bit as bad as he did over the last three months of our season.

I cannot see any club offering the £60 million plus many here think he is worth but IMO if any club offers that kind of dough we should take the money and run.

Let him rescue his "faltering career" elsewhere.

Where we hope we are heading we will need a far better striker than the one Belgium have had on display this tournament.

Reactions: JLW

This was his big chance to announce himself as a potential superstar and he blew it big time.

I cannot see any club offering the £60 million plus many here think he is worth but IMO if any club offers that kind of dough we should take the money and run.

Where we hope we are heading we will need a far better striker than the one Belgium have had on display this tournament.
That's just the thing. He's not on par internationally is he with the game's greats? But he can score in the richest league in the world which inflates his price tag.
The issue for Everton this Summer is do we hand him a new contract? If he refuses to sign any extension and puts in a transfer request, we may have to sell for a lot less than that £60m people at Everton want for him currently, as his contract runs down.

Last edited:

I have said it before, get rid!! Yes he's been our best striker for years but that's not exactly hard with some of the sh1te we have had. We can replace him with who I don't know?

Exactly why we keep him. Thanks.
Keep someone who doesn't want be here, keep someone who at the 1st opportunity will leave, keep someone who for the past 6 months has been poor for club and country. He really isn't that good or precious to bend over backwards for.. that's my opinion anyway.. We will progress without him

Keep someone who doesn't want be here, keep someone who at the 1st opportunity will leave, keep someone who for the past 6 months has been poor for club and country. He really isn't that good or precious to bend over backwards for.. that's my opinion anyway.. We will progress without him
Welcome to football these days mate. It's a business.

The brothers Lukaku where [Poor language removed], Roger tonight you gobshite, I am a blue nose Welsh Fan, I am staggered that we have paid £30 mil for WetzelL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back