Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not taking anything away from Lukaku but the standard of defending in the league is so poor to what it was five years ago imo. You don't see partnerships like rio, vidic, Terry, well just Terry and even the solidity of jags and Distin partnership. I think the influx of oversees managers with the continental possession style of play has made proper defending a thing of the best and makes Ky easier for strikers to get their goals. Michu was on fire for a season, he's a pretty average striker, ba, cisse, bony, even vardy. Their decent players but the level of defending helps them imo. Genuinely think you've find goalscorers a lot easier now than 5 years ago.

I agree. Especially in regards to defending skills, I feel the Premier League might be a bit overrated.

Part of me wants shut of him as simply he has shown little or no appreciation to the club and its supporters.

Part of me wants him to stay as I know he will score 15-25 goals in a season

If I was pushed I would keep him, pay him stupid money and hope it all turns out well

I say this as simply footballers are mercenaries and will go were they feel the big money is, if we don't buy into this we will lose ground on teams above

Pay them then get shut of them when they are not fit for purpose....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back