Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why he can't sign now if he's not leaving - and we're not going to sell. Why wait? Would stop all the media circus over his future.

Loved the dreads ! Also, that was the best Everton top we've had in absolute years in my opinion. If they hadn't of cocked the crest up it would have went down as a classic.

Must admit I do miss Nike... Even all the other things they done like track suits and the like went down well.

The only thing I didn't like about that top was the fact that the double sleeve bands made it look like an American Football jersey.

I don't get why he can't sign now if he's not leaving - and we're not going to sell. Why wait? Would stop all the media circus over his future.

Because this summer is mad and a club could genuinely stump up a totally mental fee for him. When Esk says we won't sell I suspect he means we won't sell for any 'normal' bid. Gotta keep options open though just in case, and that goes for both Rom and the club.

Because he gets off on the drama - Might even get a couple more Instagram followers - What else would a professional footballer in the 21st century be interested in?

While @The Esk has probably heard positive things about Lukaku staying, he simply can't know for certain. Since Lukaku hasn't signed the big new contract, the only logical conclusion is that Lukaku has been told by Everton that he has the option to leave if a club he likes meets Everton's valuation. At this point we don't think that will happen but Lukaku is keeping his options open. I personally think it's at about 90% that he stays.

I also wouldn't doubt that any new contract Lukaku gets would have a release clause in it so we might be back in this position every window from here on out. Honestly, I can understand Lukaku's reluctance to fully commit after all the broken promises the past few years.

Last edited:

Didn't say it doesn't. I simply don't like the fact our manager has to acknowledge the possibility that he goes.

He's honest. It's a fact that he could go - but only if somebody bids the right amount of money.

He'd be getting called negligent if he hadn't said that we had replacements identified for the worse case scenario...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back