Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, I think that he'll find a new level of support out there. I'm sure he'll have clauses that give him an exit if it's 'Martinez 2.0' but his affirmation of 'the plan' will give many others confidence in the new Everton.

You know, I think that he'll find a new level of support out there. I'm sure he'll have clauses that give him an exit if it's 'Martinez 2.0' but his affirmation of 'the plan' will give many others confidence in the new Everton.
Fingers crossed as no biggish names are touching us it seems.

Fingers crossed as no biggish names are touching us it seems.

Something that i think amplified the issue this summer was the sheer number of 'big' clubs with a managerial change in the summer - and new projects all over the show, think a lot of agents/players are hanging on in the hope they can snag themselves a City, United, Chelsea, Bayern who all have new managers and the first three of which are having big overhauls and spending sprees on their squads

Come closer to deadline day and think we will find some players more ameniable to the wages on offer when they relaise that they ain't gonna be getting that 'dream' move

Something that i think amplified the issue this summer was the sheer number of 'big' clubs with a managerial change in the summer - and new projects all over the show, think a lot of agents/players are hanging on in the hope they can snag themselves a City, United, Chelsea, Bayern who all have new managers and the first three of which are having big overhauls and spending sprees on their squads

Come closer to deadline day and think we will find some players more ameniable to the wages on offer when they relaise that they ain't gonna be getting that 'dream' move
I think that's true. Deadline day is going to be nuts.

I think that's true. Deadline day is going to be nuts.

Thought for a whilst it will be mate

City have brought in a fair few players already - with nobody leaving and sure as hell they are gonna buy more before the window shuts
United have brought in 4-5 players and likely will bring in 1-2 more as well with no one leaving besides players that werent in the squad anyways
Chelsea have brought in a couple and seemingly want at least 3-4 more, and no one really left them either yet. and they haven't even got european games this season to help juggle a bigger squad.

Real Madrid havent bought anyone and supposedly have to sell first, cant see a Mardid going a full summer with no buys so 100% see them offloading a few big money players allowing them to buy, Isco, Rodriguez etc could well be on the market and that will be interesting as it will have a knock on wherever they go with players being then surplus, plus who will madrid go for with the knock on thatll have.

Will be a fair few big name players still moving and a lot of squad players from the teams i mentioned.

IF we play it right we could be able to snap up a few quality players in the fall out of other moves etc

Then you have all the players who have been a pita to deal with cos they are waiting on a certain level club, wgho may end up cutting there losses and taking a 'lesser' move as the widnow gets close to shutting

I totally agree. I have been saying all Summer we should keep £50-60m free for the end of the window as there may be a big name looking to move.

Thought for a whilst it will be mate

City have brought in a fair few players already - with nobody leaving and sure as hell they are gonna buy more before the window shuts
United have brought in 4-5 players and likely will bring in 1-2 more as well with no one leaving besides players that werent in the squad anyways
Chelsea have brought in a couple and seemingly want at least 3-4 more, and no one really left them either yet. and they haven't even got european games this season to help juggle a bigger squad.

Real Madrid havent bought anyone and supposedly have to sell first, cant see a Mardid going a full summer with no buys so 100% see them offloading a few big money players allowing them to buy, Isco, Rodriguez etc could well be on the market and that will be interesting as it will have a knock on wherever they go with players being then surplus, plus who will madrid go for with the knock on thatll have.

Will be a fair few big name players still moving and a lot of squad players from the teams i mentioned.

IF we play it right we could be able to snap up a few quality players in the fall out of other moves etc

Then you have all the players who have been a pita to deal with cos they are waiting on a certain level club, wgho may end up cutting there losses and taking a 'lesser' move as the widnow gets close to shutting
Transfer Deadline Day will be so big that Jim White will experience the rapture and disappear instantly from the surface of the earth.

That's the dream, anyway.

I totally agree. I have been saying all Summer we should keep £50-60m free for the end of the window as there may be a big name looking to move.

Yup and certain managers know the transfer game well, Mourinho for example will leave it as late as he can possibly do before selling the United players he will have to get rid off to help balance the books a bit - just so it gives him a ever so slight competitive edge over the competition. Can easily see the likes of Schneiderlin etc becoming available on deadline day, or Mata or a fair few others in that squad.

Would still love it if we signed a huge name signing (with toip ability ofc), but if all we do this summer is pick up very good players that fit the team then it will have been a very good window, the signing of a 'star' could turn it into a great one ofc

Not long left now to see either way though, at least we have the games to distract us from the sideshow now though :)

I don't think he cares what strangers on the internet think of him mate.
Really? Seems to me there are a few on here who are keen to demonstrate their ITK / prognosticating abilities to their virtual friends on the forum

There's a chap just a for posts earlier for example saying 'I've been saying all summer......'

What the forum does need to rise above merely reacting to each paper story as it comes out is real ITK insight. People who actually hang out around Goodison, talk to the wider Everton staff etc to pick up crumbs of insight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back