Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feeling slightly less racial in here after a brave of goals, imagine having a 20 goal a season striker in a team that doesn't actually create any chances!! amazing he gets abuse, I wonder what the true reason is sometimes

Imagine having a striker that literally can't control a ball, doesn't press, pretend jumps at anything that's not a 100% gilt edged opportunity and gestures furiously at his teammates for not passing the ball to him after he's hid himself behind a defender.

I don't have to imagine, I live that reality every weekend

Imagine having a striker that literally can't control a ball, doesn't press, pretend jumps at anything that's not a 100% gilt edged opportunity and gestures furiously at his teammates for not passing the ball to him after he's hid himself behind a defender.

I don't have to imagine, I live that reality every weekend
there's more to this than meets the eye, I don't want to go round accusing people of anything, but Prev is definitely a full blown nazi

To be fair Peter Reid was never known for his goalscoring attributes and super kev was not the same after that injury
I've got a copy of the Pink Echo from Sat Feb 1 1985 with Reid talking about rare goal to beat Spurs (1-0) that day ...he said it's rare for him to score, he usually gets a nose bleed inside the opposition box lol

there's more to this than meets the eye, I don't want to go round accusing people of anything, but Prev is definitely a full blown nazi

giphy.gif

You pick certain players to hate, sadly Rom is one of them..

I think he's an easy target to hate, if you're into that sort of thing.

I like him, but sometimes he's frustrating. When he is in beast-mode he's unplayable. Sometimes he gives the impression that he can't be arsed; doesn't play in his favour. Reminds me a bit of Pippo Inzaghi, same sort of player.

Hmm and I suppose his interviews. I don't care about the transfer interviews because he never states anything offensive, he just responds to a question.

Also how you interpret the interview is important. I remember an interview where he literally stated that he is never tired after a match because he trains very hard so matches are easy. If you want, you can interpret this in a negative way.

Another one I remember; in June he angered a bunch of feminists by playing FIFA. Nobody really cared.

It's a tricky one. He is frustrating, but I'm not convinced we'll ever get a better striker than Rom - funds don't seem to be reinvested like that any more.

Sure, if we have an offer for 65m, I'd take it, but only if it meant we could spend all of that on several five other top class players.

I doubt very much that would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back