Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a hell of a lot of excellent service in the vast majority of goals here. Can only see one instance where he thanked a team mate and even that was after he'd ran away to celebrate alone and gave a brief thumbs up. And only 4 goals that weren't on a plate.

Romelu Lukaku has now scored 68 Premier League goals since the beginning of the 2012/13 season. Only the great Sergio Aguero has scored more Premier League goals (89) since then.

I can't help but think that Rom would be revered if he was a local lad. Instead, he's reviled.

So why haven't there been any bids in that time?

How do you know there hasnt?

The only remotely solid interest reported by the media was from Chelsea this summer, when they quoted a figure they were willing to pay (no other 'interest' in almost four years has quoted a price). No other competition for him emerged and the interest withered out.

Romelu Lukaku has now scored 68 Premier League goals since the beginning of the 2012/13 season. Only the great Sergio Aguero has scored more Premier League goals (89) since then.

I can't help but think that Rom would be revered if he was a local lad. Instead, he's reviled.

If he played for anyone else we would see those stats, dream of having him and laugh at anyone said lets try and get him in Jan

"Always the same story" for Everton sighs Romelu Lukaku after Watford defeat makes it one win in 11
A side Ross Barkley can't get in should be world-beaters but Ronald Koeman's men look more like panel-beaters

lollollollol

We won't see the best of him til he's gone and playing with better players, he may be limited technically but he does what strikers do best, score.
He's a player for a PSG, Bayern. A team that can splash 50M on players in every position not for a team like us.
Get rid of him, put it into the SQUAD WISELY, put it into youth development, academy, scouting setups.

I want my striker to obviously score, but assist, make selfless runs, hold the ball up, be able to run, sacrifice himself for the team, APPRECIATE the club he's at. Lukaku doesn't do any of this. he's a brilliant goalscorer but a footballer? No.
Everton haven't been a TEAM in some years. It's full of big EGO individual players who think they are super-duper.

Quite amazing really.

Rather than try build a team around one of the most clinical finishers in European football many here would rather try build a team without him.
Esk are you happy with him going missing for the next 3-4 games before he pops up with another goal or two? Because that's what you're getting out of him. As a paying fan which I believe you are, who is willing to travel hundreds of miles to support the team, is that acceptable to you?

Esk are you happy with him going missing for the next 3-4 games before he pops up with another goal or two? Because that's what you're getting out of him. As a paying fan which I believe you are, who is willing to travel hundreds of miles to support the team, is that acceptable to you?

Football is a relatively simple game.
Lukaku has two great strengths.

Firstly he is one of the best what I would call 'on the shoulder of the last man' attackers I have seen in 40 odd years of watching the game. That means him facing the opponent's goal and taking delivery of through balls. When he gets that his conversation rate is huge. The problem is that this is most effective when you play two up front, so that one can run off the other creating space in the centre of defence to run into. It's hugely difficult to do playing up front alone as you are usually on a two v one situation, allowing one of the defenders to mark, the other to intercept the pass. That's when some people claim Lukaku goes missing. Me, I look at it and see him isolated and marked out of the game.

Secondly he's one of the deadliest finishers in the box. I don't have the stats to hand but his shots on target ratio is very high and conversion rate high too. The problem? We don't get the ball in the box often enough, or when we do the accuracy of crossing is poor (Deulofeu, Bolasie both v inaccurate crossers, Mirallas and Lennon don't get enough crosses into the box).

Hence my comment about building a team around Lukaku. We need a #10 to play alongside or slightly behind him, plus at least one midfielder who can put through balls through regularly. In addition we need wide midfielders/wingers who are more consistent in quality and frequency of delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back