Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking of Koeman.

Will he be more inclined to accept the lure of Barca now?

Could be a double whammy this.

It even a treble if Barkley decides to up sticks too.

Now that would be bad.

No and Barkley ain't going anywhere.

Lukaku seen us as a stepping stone, he wanted out last summer and nobody coughed up the doe. Every year since he signed he's told us that he's off

Literally 2 clubs in the world that can keep high quality players, even Utd and Chelsea are powerless when a player has his eyes on a move.

Nothing we can do, sign a contract like Suarez and sterling at the RS. 12 months later they were both off

Lets see what offers rock up in the summer.

Whilst annoyed, in the context of modern football, it isnt hugely surprising. If Rom gets a dream move, (sorted all ready one would think), then he has given us a few great years, and a massive fee.

One thing is sure though. He has to keep playing well. Hopefully anyrate.
My view mate is that simply, the leagues top goalscorer wants to leave the 7th best team in England, a team that has only just started their "project"

I know that's a really obvious paragraph but still, despite our love for the blues, thats the reality.

Personally I'm just glad he stayed this year and got us back into my Europe (hopefully, thus allowing us to look a bit higher in the market than we were last season.

Stevie Walsh is gonna have to earn his money this summer. He's gonna have to unearth a striker from another realm to replace Lukaku.

I don't even know of any realistic strikers we could snag who are half as good as him.

You could suggest Lacazette or Aubemeyang etc, but they'd never join Everton.

Troy Deeney anyone?

*Vomits

Actually embarrassed for some people in here after reading some of their posts, "he's a snake", "let him rot in the reserves", "judas" etc.

Since he's been here he's proved he's been our best player for ages, scored goals and created goals, and always got on with his job. The lad has ambitions and has given us 3 or 4 years of top service after many thought he wouldn't hang around for more than 1.

I'll be gutted if he does leave but all he's done has told the club that at the moment he doesn't want to sign a new contract, a contract which he has zero obligation to.

Seriously lads, some of you need to give your heads a monumental wobble.

Agreed but he should have kept his knobhead agent in check then. Treat the club with respect. Dont come out and say your player is going to sign a contract 99.99999% and know full well this is not the case. Rom has to acknowledge this is not acceptable.

Really? We've done all we can and he doesn't want it ffs.

This has played out in the media for months, If he never wanted to sign it he's done exactly as Riaola has manipulated him to do - lead Everton to believe he was ready to sign, as early as last week.

PSG or Bayern I reckon. Maybe Chelsea if Costa leaves.

No point booing him. He's said all along he wants to be the best and wants CL. We can't give him it, and are a long shot to finish in CL places next season too. He's quitting for ambition not money and I wish a few more of our players over the past few years had such ambition

Was the only news that he rejected the contract? Any details on if there was a buy out included or not? If there wasn't, I'm not surprised. Maybe we also tried to block a move to a fellow premier league club, and he didn't like that. Does anyone actually know any specifics?

Stevie Walsh is gonna have to earn his money this summer. He's gonna have to unearth a striker from another realm to replace Lukaku.

I don't even know of any realistic strikers we could snag who are half as good as him.

You could suggest Lacazette or Aubemeyang etc, but they'd never join Everton.

Troy Deeney anyone?

*Vomits

OMG, Walsh is a massive Deeney fan, Deeney and Rooney next season, FFS.

Im off to hang myself, bye lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back