Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nominated for player of the year AND young player of the year.

Won't get either I bet. Probably Kante or Hazard and Alli for young player.

I know mate, i was furious when Sky Sports News was at Finch Farm for the day and Steve Kean and Koeman spoke about signing Rooney.

Its a disgrace, it needs to be stopped.

The same Rooney who can't get a game for Utd? The media only give us air time when it's signing players that pose no threat to their super duper sky 6 hierarchy. No one would care if it was someone like Niasse for example but the media know Roms our best player and they are doing all they can to try get him the move.

A perfect example is when Man City were after Sterling, the media purposely filled the interviews with ex Liverpool players slating Sterling, funnily enough no man city ex players on talking his move and that's because the media bias 4 clubs in the main- Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool.

yep, i'm getting a bit fed up of the dele ali hyperbole tbh...

No one would care if he wasn't English.

He's clearly a cracking talent but over here he's lauded like the second coming of Christ.

He'll be close to each award but as others have mentioned I think Dele Alli is almost certainly a shoe-in for the young player award.

The senior award will go to one of the media darlings like Hazard, Kante or Ibrahimovic with a Chelsea player being the most likely.

If Ibra or Kane get it I'll fume. Both not registered as impressive tallies for teams above us in the table. Hazard and Kante you can at least say "well they're going to win the title". Though it's an individual award and I don't see any individual standing out as much as Rom has. 23 goals for a team in 7th, without a single penalty, is outrageous.

No one would care if he wasn't English.

He's clearly a cracking talent but over here he's lauded like the second coming of Christ.

exactly, a very good player...its the commentators that do my head in, every time he gets the ball they expect he is gonna score the greatest goal of all time

oh yeah and the handshakes are unforgivable...

exactly, a very good player...its the commentators that do my head in, every time he gets the ball they expect he is gonna score the greatest goal of all time

oh yeah and the handshakes are unforgivable...

The main problem is that he reminds me of Cahill. A great affinity for goalscoring and competent at most aspects of the game, but not always an easy player to fit into a team. Usually players who occupy that role are playmaker types. Spurs are fortunate as Eriksen is capable of playing out wide/swapping positions and still creating goals like it's an easy thing to do, but I'm not sure Alli would walk into most top teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back