Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there really going to be competing bidders though? The only links to Lukaku are pretty much between us and United, and i really doubt United are going to be in for him, considering that Mourinho doesnt like him that much, and neither does Lukaku.
It really looks like we are the only team seriously looking at him

For real or are you just trolling? Honest question.

Every so often a ridiculous transfer fee is paid. The Torres fee didn't really set the benchmark for fees so I would suggest that whilst the Pogba transfer was a lot higher Man Utd had to make some sort of statement following Mourinos appointment but and here's the big but even they had difficulties in raising the money to finance the deal.

Pogbas stock was far higher in football than Lukakus is. Griezman although a different type of player is currently considered a far better option and he is valued at less than Pogba was sold for.

If you look back people on here were talking about Stones being sold for more than Luiz went to PSG for. He didn't. There has only ever been 6 transfers in excess of £60 million. I grant you that transfers over £50 million are starting to become a little more common but post the Torres transfer there have only been 10 fees over that sum and that includes the Pogba deal and the likes of Bale and Suarez and Higuan who it seems was in part purchased to quell any revolt following the sale of Pogba and yes Higuan is older but his scoring record in both Spain and indeed Italy is superior to Lukakus in England.

If and a big if the likes of Real or maybe Man City get interested then his fee may well be north of £70 million but there is little indication that they are. Just like if he were to say he would go to a Chinese club but again I don't sense that's the case either.

The fact that the sum of £100 million was put out there was predictable. It's no different than when Chelsea saying that Hazard would cost £200 million when in realty he would be sold for far less than that.

However let's just suppose that a fee of £80 million is received that may not be good news. What I hear you say but history does tell us that when a club gets a huge fee the fees if the selling club then buy replacements they in turn have to pay way over the top not so much of a problem if it's just one player but I suspect at Everton the plan is irrespective of the Lukaku situation to bring in more than one player

I keep banging on about it but the contract is the key. If he signs then his value climbs even if he leaves near enough straight away . If he doesn't sign then his value declines to the point of being nil.

Top and bottom of it is goals win games, not managers statements/egos etc

Trolling? I merely stated the truth, the only team seriously linked with Lukaku is Chelsea

Pretty sure Chelsea were the only team seriously linked with Stones for quite a while. Also had all their players come out and try and sell him for us as well.

Message will be the same, pay the money or get.

It was a good piece on talk sport last night. It's spoke of the fact that the win rate for spurs and for Man United were better without Kane and Ibrahimović. Although it seems crazy to say it could be that we would be better off with a different goalscorer upfront that could bring the rest of the team and more.

I was being a little sad and took all Roms goals in the league away from us and we would be 6pts worse off and still in 7th. That's not taking into account that obviously without Rom we would have had someone else in there instead who would have got a few goals so would have changed that stat. One of those stats that turned into a loss was Bournemouth at home. I don't know how many assists Rom has provided and its a guess at how many assists a replacement would have made but shows that we would not have been in the relegation zone.

Are you actually expecting a bidding war and a £100m transfer?
I'm not expecting a guaranteed bone fide 23 year old goal machine to go for £60M when Pogba went for £89M when goals means prizes and I'm not expecting Chelsea to roll up and expect to be the only ones at the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back