Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

He'd suit them much more than Rom will.

But no, they have their target. It's a publicity deal as much as anything.

But, we still have the position of power here. We've set our valuation and have shown before we won't bow down to pressure. If they want him so badly, they need to match it.

Why not report that club for tapping?

Because they have gone through the correct channels I think.

The player himself has also said - publicly - he wants to leave, several times.

It's not like the VVD situation, where L'Pool used Joyce (a well connected and respected journalist) to publicise that 'VVD wants to join Liverpool'.

Southampton have got mad over the manner of that deal. With Lukaku it's a bit different as the player himself has come out with the quotes.

Why not report that club for tapping?

It's worth reading Jamie Carragers comments about the apology issued by them across the road.He makes the point that every club makes approaches it's when the club goes public and makes announcements that will probably lead to a complaint.

It's worth reading Jamie Carragers comments about the apology issued by them across the road.He makes the point that every club makes approaches it's when the club goes public and makes announcements that will probably lead to a complaint.

I'm not meaning to be overly pedantic, but L'Pool didn't 'make an announcement'.

There seems to be a lot of confusion when clubs do this.

An announcement is from the club, not through the media.

What S'ton will have got annoyed about is a) L'Pool are tits and b) they've used the media to put a story out there.

That isn't an 'announcement' or 'statement'.

Jamie Carragher is a massive gammon joint-headed melt though.

After what happened with the sh1te and VVD, isn't lukaku coming out saying he's agreed a new club etc etc tapping up?
I would say it is a clear sign the club are well aware they are going to be selling him and to whom.

Otherwise there would be (you would hope) more of a mention if it from the club.

The sad thing really is that as a club we are in this position where our player makes these comments and we bite our tongues instead of saying something public to at least not make us look like a weak club that Rom is dictating to.

I'm not meaning to be overly pedantic, but L'Pool didn't 'make an announcement'.

There seems to be a lot of confusion when clubs do this.

An announcement is from the club, not through the media.

What S'ton will have got annoyed about is a) L'Pool are tits and b) they've used the media to put a story out there.

That isn't an 'announcement' or 'statement'.

c) Virgil Van Dijk saying that Jurgen Klopps personal involvement and persistence is what persuaded him to choose Liverpool

I would say it is a clear sign the club are well aware they are going to be selling him and to whom.

Otherwise there would be (you would hope) more of a mention if it from the club.

The sad thing really is that as a club we are in this position where our player makes these comments and we bite our tongues instead of saying something public to at least not make us look like a weak club that Rom is dictating to.

probably right, been badly handled by the club/player this, if there is an agreement, get the transfer done quickly don't let it drag out and let rom constantly have dig after dig

Because they have gone through the correct channels I think.

The player himself has also said - publicly - he wants to leave, several times.

It's not like the VVD situation, where L'Pool used Joyce (a well connected and respected journalist) to publicise that 'VVD wants to join Liverpool'.

Southampton have got mad over the manner of that deal. With Lukaku it's a bit different as the player himself has come out with the quotes.
Do you understand what tapping up is mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back