Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because we would play with no striker and 10 men without him....

and you spelt Ross Barkley wrong.

What a silly post, if your thought process is correct then how come every striker doesn't bang in 20 goals a season???its not like we create more chances than other teams.

I'm glad we've made some big signings before offloading Lukaku. It sort of questions his statement of us having no ambition. Or not enough that matches his own. A big player gets a club by the scruff of the neck and moves them forward, Lukaku doesn't seem to have that big player mentality. Mourinho was right in the respects that he wants everything handed to him on a plate.

Maybe we've convinced him to stay as we've shown some ambition this window.

Maybe I'm horribly naive.

Anyone find it strange how long this is taking. Surely if Chelsea were that interested we would of sorted this right out. Starting to think we may actually keep him.

There is a claim in article in the Daily Express that the actual price set by Everton is £75 million but Chelsea aren't prepared to go above £70 mill. If that is correct, and it sort of has a ring of truth about it, then I guess it's all down to who blinks first but the clock is ticking

Both Spurs and Chelsea were said to be improving their squads yet to date neither have announced any transfers in. Both are changing to Nike kits wef 1 July and it is being widely reported that neither will make any announcements prior to the new deals. Both will be wanting to do something at their kit launches which is as soon as this Saturday.

It's impossible to know what actually is going on but there is very little chatter in the press about either RB or indeed Lukaku, normally there would be various potential suitors being named but there aren't. I can't help but feel that by this time next week one or both will be at new clubs within the next week.

But then again..........

Phil Jagielka: Everton must spend big on TWO goalscorers if Romelu Lukaku leaves

The veteran centre-back believes the Merseysiders could cope without the Belgian.

But he reckons boss Ronald Koeman might need two new men to make up for the loss of Lukaku’s goals.

Lukaku, 24, hit 25 Premier League goals last season and is a target for former club Chelsea and Manchester United.

“Obviously his goals would be a massive loss but I don’t know if he’s going or if he’s not going,” said Jagielka, 34.

“It would be up to the manager and the club to replace him. If we sign two players in his place and they both score 15 goals then OK.

“Most clubs would want Romelu Lukaku in their team, if it’s not to be us next season we have to make sure we’ve got people that either come in or step up to the plate.

“The one disappointing thing last season was obviously not that Romelu got us all those goals, but that not many other people hit double figures as well.

“If you are going to compete at the top level you need two, three or four people getting at least eight goals and upwards and that’s something we’ll obviously be looking at.

“I’m sure the manager has an idea of who he wants for what position - he doesn’t need to phone me and tell me what he’s going to do!”

The Everton star insists he is ready to fight for his place despite being touted for a move away, with Koeman heavily linked with Burnley defender Michael Keane.

"I will go back as fit as I can and put a marker down and be in the team and stay in the team,” said Jagielka, speaking to promote the Icons of Football golf event at The Belfry.

“I’m sure the manager will sign at least one centre-half but competition for places is nothing new in football.”

Koeman yesterday signed Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru for £6.8m from Belgian side Eupen.

But the 20-year-old, who was the top scorer in Belgium last season, will spend the coming campaign on loan at Anderlecht.

@davek

Phil Jagielka: Everton must spend big on TWO goalscorers if Romelu Lukaku leaves

The veteran centre-back believes the Merseysiders could cope without the Belgian.

But he reckons boss Ronald Koeman might need two new men to make up for the loss of Lukaku’s goals.

Lukaku, 24, hit 25 Premier League goals last season and is a target for former club Chelsea and Manchester United.

“Obviously his goals would be a massive loss but I don’t know if he’s going or if he’s not going,” said Jagielka, 34.

“It would be up to the manager and the club to replace him. If we sign two players in his place and they both score 15 goals then OK.

“Most clubs would want Romelu Lukaku in their team, if it’s not to be us next season we have to make sure we’ve got people that either come in or step up to the plate.

“The one disappointing thing last season was obviously not that Romelu got us all those goals, but that not many other people hit double figures as well.

“If you are going to compete at the top level you need two, three or four people getting at least eight goals and upwards and that’s something we’ll obviously be looking at.

“I’m sure the manager has an idea of who he wants for what position - he doesn’t need to phone me and tell me what he’s going to do!”

The Everton star insists he is ready to fight for his place despite being touted for a move away, with Koeman heavily linked with Burnley defender Michael Keane.

"I will go back as fit as I can and put a marker down and be in the team and stay in the team,” said Jagielka, speaking to promote the Icons of Football golf event at The Belfry.

“I’m sure the manager will sign at least one centre-half but competition for places is nothing new in football.”

Koeman yesterday signed Nigerian striker Henry Onyekuru for £6.8m from Belgian side Eupen.

But the 20-year-old, who was the top scorer in Belgium last season, will spend the coming campaign on loan at Anderlecht.

@davek
All correct.

@davek
How does that answer my concerns?

@davek

He's been hanging round with the big orange bear too much...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back